Low-Carb Foodie in Search of Perfect Pizza Crust

And we still haven't found it! Last night we tried a Paleo pizza crust and it was still too grainy for my tastes. Two of the four kids gobbled it up though. Even though I wasn't a fan of that, the cheesy cauliflower garlic "breadsticks" were fantastic! So cheesy and so yummy! Funny enough, the kids were NOT fans of that. Hmmm... Odd ducks! Oh well, their loss. I thought it was pretty darn good and The Hubby ate a couple of pieces too. Needless to say, I'm still on the search for a good, low-carb pizza crust. I think we will attempt the cauliflower crust next try.

Tonight is Everything Bagel Dogs and sweet potato fries. It's also The Hubby's and my first karate class. Yup, we're jumping on the family bandwagon too!. I'm scared!! This is the first time I will attempt a sport that I truly know nothing about and haven't already developed a similar skill in. I got suckered into playing soccer in middle school, but after years of hockey it was a pretty easy transition... Same with broomball. And to say that I've played a lot of sports is kind of an understatement! So, I'm excited and nervous. Now I know how the kids felt!

Speaking of kids... I should have recorded the look on our oldest daughter's face when she saw me open up my gi (pronounced gee with the G sounding as it does in guy) and try it on. For those interested, here's the Japanese spelling - 空手着 or 空手衣.  Anyway, Emmy Lou was so excited when I pulled out my uniform and started trying it on. She is so excited that our whole family is going to do this together. I even got her to take a pic of me (forgive my end of day, dead tired look).


It's definitely not a slimming outfit! Kidding! But I did tell The Hubby that he looked like a chef when he had just the top half on. A proud moment was tying my own belt! I googled that one right away and learned how to tie the kids' belts the first week. Doing your own is a little bit trickier the first time, but I did it, I think! So, the kiddos have the class before our's and then will be the spectators for our class. Thankfully there are a few beginners starting this week, so we won't be the only newbies in the group and I'll have The Hubby learning right next to me. Emmy Lou was excited because she said we can have family sparring matches. Silly girl! 

Wish me luck!! I'm excited to start a new adventure and am hoping that since this shouldn't be too high cardio, my side shouldn't bother me and I will hopefully be able to enjoy it pain free. Here's hoping!

Comments

Popular Posts