Best Laid Plans...

I know I have said before that planning is the key to success when it comes to eating clean - well, when it comes to a lot of goals really. So, I put together a schedule and posted it last week to show all of you my workout plans for this Tortoise Triathlon that The Hubby and I are currently participating in. Well, I can plan all I want, but when it comes to scheduled hours in a day... sometimes I just have to admit that I cannot control everything. I can control what goes into my body and how often I eat. Those are easy. I cannot control that this has been the sick week from H-E-double hockey sticks! The worst part about that statement is that this is not the worst sick week we will have this school year, it's just a solid leap into the world of viruses and the yucks.

Monday I was down and out with some sort of stomach bug and wasn't able to complete my first planned workout. So, Tuesday I was feeling better and hit the trail for my first run. YAHOO!! Then yesterday it was very obvious I had a wonderful case of conjunctivitis (pink eye), so I spent most of my day at Urgent Care and picking up prescriptions and then putting drops in my eyes and avoiding the computer while those drops kicked in. I love how fast they work!!! I finally get back to work this morning, feeling a bit more like myself, and The Hubby texts me telling me he feels pretty crummy. Oh, but it gets better. Not an hour later I get a phone call from the school. *sigh* That's three down this week. I sure hope number four, five or six don't have it or we could be in for a long weekend. We HAVE to be at my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend. I'm the photographer and one of our girls is a flower girl. Gotta love how these things seem to always happen with horrible timing right?! All I can say is THANK GOD FOR NANA!! She is came into town to pick up my little sickling and take her home to rest.

So, now, on to happy news! I meant to post this yesterday, but... THEY CAME!!


I've already busted into the plan book and have flipped through the cookbook. I am actually learning a lot of things that we haven't been doing quite right, but I've heard this from a lot of people in the Facebook groups who said they reread the other one once they were well into the plan and learned things to change or tweak in what they were already doing that they missed the first, second or third time they read the book. So, I'm enjoying a second read through. They are entertaining writers. For those who haven't looked into it, this plan and book were written by two sisters (those two women on the front cover to be exact). They are just two mom's who wanted to lose weight and stop playing the yo-yo and fad diet game, so they took the best parts out of a lot of different diet plans and started trying them out to see what worked and what didn't. Trim Healthy Mama was the result! Oh, and they did a lot of research also, so they do explain why and how things work in their plan. If you're curious about how this all works, please order a copy. It's intimidating as hell to start something new, but I promise you that it is not as bad as it sounds in your head.

Case in point... Last night we had to throw together a dinner because I hadn't planned and my two girls ended up eating with us, even though it was their dad's night to have them (see what I mean about best laid plans?!?). The girls voted for pasta, so we grabbed a box of Dreamfield's spaghetti, some sauce for the girls, some pesto for us and a bag of shrimp. About an hour later we were sitting down to Pesto Grilled Shrimp Skewers over noodles with a side of green beans. It was so beyond delicious! Then, after karate, The Hubby and I came home (we did the kid swap there) and made our favorite dessert of late, Peanut Butter Whips. We eat dinner EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Well, unless I don't feel like making it for myself or just don't feel like it. I know right?!? Super crazy for the woman who would turn the house upside down to find something sweet after a meal to "get her fix". UGH! My how times have changed!

Comments

Popular Posts