On To Month Four!!

We have officially completed three months on THM and we are headed into month four. Month three was INSANE!! We pretty much had something going on every single weekend. September is always like that for us, but this year it was back to back. Our anniversary was the end of August, then Labor Day Weekend, then my birthday weekend, and this past week was a family wedding. We sure do love to have fun! The wedding was an absolute blast and everyone partied like rockstars!




After a full weekend of eating almost whatever was available, enjoying a couple of drinks and even stopping for some dessert, The Hubby and I jumped right back into action this morning without hesitation. My main motivation? I felt like CRAP! I'm not kidding. I felt horrible after eating so far off plan for a few days that I couldn't wait to get back to my real meals again. Statements like that still shock the heck out of me by the way. Don't worry... the chubby, old me that is still in there was absolutely elated to be eating from the "Candy Bar" and enjoyed some yummy wedding cake after indulging on real buns and seasoned baby potatoes. I haven't had potatoes in three months!!! They were yummy, but I think I'm good for another three months. Again, something I never saw myself saying. I was so worried about giving up bread and potatoes. I had both this weekend and am fine to not have either for a while again. By golly, I think we're onto something here!

We even made sure to plan out our meals for the week so that we aren't doing any last minute scurrying to make dinner. For those interested, here's a peek at this week's plan:

Monday: Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken Breasts & veggies (kiddos will also get mashed potatoes)
Tuesday: Egg White Sandwich on Sourdough with Turkey Bacon (I'm eating alone that night, so it's my easy peasy go-to dinner)
Wednesday: Grilled Salmon & Veggies (we'll also fry up some pan fish the kiddos caught this summer)
Thursday: Protein Pancakes w/all fruit jelly & sausage
Friday: Bunless Burgers on the grill & salad
Saturday: Up in the air - another solo dinner

Tonight is an all-family karate night. I'm also checking out a used road bike tonight to see if I might have found a starter bike for me. I can't wait!! Tomorrow I'll head out for a run or bike ride, or both! Wednesday is another karate night and I have my leader training for Girl Scouts. It's getting real now folks! I will officially be leading two Girl Scout troops this year. I'm super excited though! Thursday is a run day for me and with no kiddos I may also add in a swim since my whole planned schedule has gone to the birds! Friday is a karate night for the adults, plus I hope to throw a swim in there too. 

Last but not least... I'm super excited to finally have a chance to run a color run with my kiddos this weekend! They don't know yet, but they've both been asking to do color runs, mud runs, glow runs... really any fun run. The youngest likes to run with us, but I think this will be more fun for her and she'll be less likely to whine at the end of it. So, I invited Nana along and we're headed out bright and early to do a run in The Hubby's old town. The weather forecast is gorgeous and I'm pumped! I feel comfortable in doing another run this year which is something I really didn't think I'd say this year!! Of course, there will be pics to follow!

Comments

Popular Posts