Birthday Weekend Recap - Pure Bliss!!

What a weekend! It was absolutely PERFECT!!!

I kicked it off Friday evening with a quick shake for dinner on my way up to do some shopping for a pair of jeans that actually fit me (I love that I'm shrinking, I hate that I am lacking in the wardrobe department!!). After a successful shopping trip, including a new pair of jeans for the hubby - who is now down almost SIX pants sizes in about 3 months - I headed to the nail salon. Those who know me know what a big deal this is. First, I don't pamper myself much at all. Second, I got this manicure as a present from my kiddos for MOTHER'S DAY! Yes, it's taken me that long to do it. I needed a reason, not just a random manicure. So, since it was my birthday and then my sister-in-law's wedding the following weekend, I felt it was a good time to do it. Ahhhhh so glad I did! They're so purrrty! Then I went home and just relaxed for the rest of the evening. Friday was an awesome kickoff to the birthday weekend!

Finally, the big day had arrived. My wonderful, adoring husband had been tormenting me for MONTHS about having my birthday present already planned out and that my friends and family already knew all about it. Then he'd give me little reminders every couple of weeks. I'm not a patient person, so he really knows how to drive me batty. Especially since surprising him is nearly impossible, so I can never return the favor. He always figures it out somehow! Maybe I don't put enough effort into guessing because I like that element of surprise.

So, this year my surprise was...


 

My first ride on a train!! We have a historic depot in the next town and I keep meaning to take the kids there and we've talked about going on a family ride on the pizza train, but this was DEFINITELY a big surprise. It was a gorgeous day and a perfectly planned and executed birthday surprise. This particular ride took us up The North Shore (of Lake Superior) on a scenic route over rivers and past beaches. Then it stopped in Two Harbors where we got off at another historic depot and walked to Castle Danger Brewery, a nearby brewery, to do a tour and enjoy lunch and a couple of beers as part of our train ticket.


After the train brought us back, we visited another, newer, local pub for a drink before heading to dinner at Red Lobster and finally enjoying a walk along the canal and a birthday dessert! We even walked across the lift bridge and down the light house on the island side - something that neither of us has ever done before!

 He always makes me laugh!

 No ships coming in, but it was a beautiful night!

Birthday cake truffle!

It was an absolutely perfect day of talking, laughing and enjoying each other. We truly do fun together quite well. And oh my were we exhausted by 9:30pm that night, which was fine since The Hubby had to work bright and early the next morning. I pouted a little because I did not want to see the day end.

So, needless to say that my weekend was fantastic, but my food choices were not! Actually, I was only off plan on Saturday and jumped right back on Sunday morning with eggs and bacon (S-meal) for breakfast. There was some damage done, but nothing that I won't shake off before the week is out. Then we will enjoy a weekend with family while celebrating a fantastic couple this weekend, but that's life! I won't stop enjoying it!!

With all that, I was sick by Monday morning (non-food related) and have felt crummy the last two days which has helped me get right back on track also. I have very little appetite and feel blah if I do eat, so I'm sticking to bland foods that are on plan and trying to suck down water and push this crap out of my system as quickly as possible. This is the first time I've been sick in months though, so I can't really complain!

I do have a confession though... I felt so miserable yesterday that we have not done any planning for the week for our meals. I'm planning to get out for a 3-mile walk/jog tonight with my girls, but dinner is kind of up in the air. Wednesday we all have karate, but the girls go back to their dad's for the evening, so it's just The Hubby and I. I'll scrounge up some eggs and protein pancakes tonight, which will make the girls happy as clams, but the rest I have to get a bit more creative with, so my evening will be spent scouring Pinterest and texting The Hubby to plan out the rest of the week so we can get our shopping out of the way. We also have to plan ahead to make sure we are prepped for a weekend of travelling too. The biggest downfall to clean eating is that there are very few quick options to grab along the way while travelling, so we will be making and making snacks and lunches and just going with the flow for both dinners.

So, I almost forgot to tell you guys... Today I get my NEWLY RELEASED paperback copy of Trim Healthy Mama and their latest cookbook. I can't wait!! I hope to pull some recipes out of those for this week/weekend. They updated their plan just a bit, but it runs the same, and put out a new book with JUST the plan. Then they launched a completely separate cookbook (previously the recipes were in the back of the plan book). I have the electronic version of the old book, so I'm excited to have a hard copy so I can tag the important pages and just grab it to make recipes instead of having to get out my iPad and turn it back on each time I walk away from it for 30 seconds! Anyway... that's my big news! Can't wait to break into them!!

Last but not least... a comparison shot. I had to show you guys our progress. The first picture is from this past March and the last one is our pic from my birthday at the brewery. I love to see how much our hard work has paid off, yet it's sooo not hard!!


 

Oh and a HUGE WOOOHOOO to The Hubby for completing Beach Body Insanity this past week!

In the past he's only completed the first 30 days because then it gets more intense and much harder. Well, he rocked it this time around!!

 We will do his before and after pics and measurements this week. He probably won't let me share the pics, but I'll be sure to share progress on inches lost. He's blown past that 30 pound mark and you can see so much more muscle definition! He's my motivation for completing the Tortoise Triathlon these next couple of months!

Comments

Popular Posts