Happy Friday-Before-My-Birthday!!!

What an awesome Friday it has been too! My coworkers decorated my door (which I honestly completely forgot about, so I was very surprised when I turned the corner to my office today).


We also had our office birthday potluck today and they all planned it THM-friendly just for me. I was so impressed. There were regular treats and goodies too, but instead of pizza from the local place, they planned a potluck salad bar. YUM!! I made the cheesecake brownies again and they were a huge success. I also avoided the cupcakes. YAY ME!!

Today and yesterday have also been days of planning fun! I booked our hotel room for our Hunting Opener Annual Getaway for my mom, the kids and I. I also did the leg work to get discount tickets to take two of the kids to our local Six Flags (better known as Valley Fair around here) next month. I can't wait! They haven't been there since Emmy Lou was 4 and Abbycakes was 2 months old. The Hubby and I haven't been there since last year and we try to go every year together. Yes, we are big kids!

So... to continue the planning, today I registered The Hubby and I for the Tortoise Triathlon at our local YMCA. We've been talking about doing this for the past month when I found it in the fall flyer. It's for members only and only cost us $10 each. Once we complete it, we each get a t-shirt. The goal is to get 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking and 26.2 miles of running/walking in between September 14th and October 31st. I have it all mapped out for me. It's a bit easier for The Hubby since he can workout while he's at work and even double up, if need be, when he's at home.




Yes, I may be certifiably crazy, but I'm up for the challenge! The yellow highlights are nights The Hubby and I have karate class and the blue highlights are a night of triathlon training - either a 3 mile run, 20 laps in the pool (or 500 yards), or an 8-10 mile bike ride. There are very few days to allow me wiggle room, so I am pretty stuck with what I set up. My only days off will be my sister-in-law's wedding, our vacation and our weekend getaway with the two girls and my mom. Yes, I'm convinced I am, in fact, crazy as crazy gets! BRING IT ON!!!

Comments

Popular Posts