Thank Goodness for Pants!

If it weren't for my pants still fitting loosely, I would be really frustrated right now. The scale is still up and still being stubborn. Granted, it's not up as high as it was when we got home from the holiday weekend. I'm really the one to blame for the higher number. Hey, it's still not as high as it has been in the past right? And I have one more day until weigh in day. Actually, I'll probably see it down on Saturday because that's the game it plays with me. It's ALWAYS lower the day after my official weigh in day. If I changed weigh in day to Saturday, it would be lower on Sunday. I am convinced it is not just a scale. It is a very smart computer who thrives on torturing me!


Those aren't my toes, but I'm slowly allowing myself to accept that mentality. You'll all be proud of me. I haven't been weighing myself daily for at least two weeks now. Once it stalled I decided to give it some time to think about what it said. When it remained stalled and even stalled at a couple pounds higher than my lowest weight I put it back in time out. It still isn't catching on to why it's being punished. Sounds like my kids!! Kidding... sort of!

So, for three weeks the number has been stalled from going down. I'm actually ok with that. I'm not at my goal by any means, but I'm happy with my progress and accepting that I have not been 100% on plan with the weekend splurges for our anniversary, girls day out, Labor Day, now my birthday and next weekend a wedding. Yeah, this is life! My body is hyper sensitive to me eating bad carbs or off plan. I know and accept that. I refuse to give up and binge. So... this is me not allowing the scale to dictate my mood or my actions. YAY ME!!! The pre-THM me would have used this as an excuse to binge on any office treat that may be laying out around the office and even grab some mood-curing french fries from McDonald's. Not this time!! I win! Take that scale demon!

Alright, I'm done teaching my scale a lesson through words. I'll just do so with my actions. That means eating my wonderful lunch today - yes, chicken caesar wraps again - and enjoying the awesome cilatro lime turkey tacos that The Hubby is making for dinner tonight for us. Oh and the Everything Bagel Dogs we had for dinner last night were really good. A little less coarse salt next time and we'll add some parmesan cheese to the outside with the minced garlic, but he said they were really easy to make and we thought they were pretty tasty. Next time we'll make the kids ones without the "everything" part of the bagel and we'll probably have a bit more success with dinner.

It has hit me that we have accidentally been having more crossover meals than we usually do. This means we are eating plan-approved foods, but we are mixing our S & E foods. That's a no-no while trying to lose and probably a huge player in my steady maintenance. As of today, we're focusing more on that to make sure we are keeping our carbs separate from our fats. It's not self-sabotage, it's just operator error!

Oh and I'll wrap up saying that karate was awesome last night! We spent the class learning the very basics, but we learned something and will participate more with the big group (all levels start the class together) next class. I'm considering going on Friday without the hubby since he's working, but that's a bit more intimidating for me. We'll see if I'm done shopping for my birthday outfit in time to go to class. Priorities you know! The four kids loved their classes, no surprise there, and were super excited that we were staring ours. I think this is a good thing for our family... something we can do as a unit even though we have kids going every which direction all the time. This is something we all have in common as a whole! I'm looking forward to my next class as much as the kids are!

I'll leave you with a couple of pics. Here are our little ones at the end of a class filled with practicing their kicks and balance.



It really is cute and fun to watch! Oh and an extra side note... I'm officially registered as a Girl Scout Leader. What's one more thing to add to the busy schedule right? It'll be fun!

Comments

Popular Posts