Ho Hum!

It's kind of been one of those days. I keep getting frustrating information around almost every corner... from vacation requests at work to finding out that we didn't have the benefits we thought we did for me to go back for my Master's degree... or even for the kids' college education down the line. None of it is life threatening info or so horrible we can't manage it, so we'll be fine. It's just frustrating to have plans fall through in different ways throughout the day.

It's funny though... a few months ago I would have marched my big butt down to the basement of our building, well to the elevator that would take me down there anyway, and buy a soda and a Butterfinger and come back to my office and sulk. Not today! I turned to my absolutely delicious lunch (see below) and moved on. We'll figure out how to make it all work. Maybe not the way we had originally planned - for school or the vacation requests - but we will make it work. No need to binge! Crazy right?!? Miss Emotional Eater and Super Stresser just let it all slide off her back with a shrug, okay and maybe a bit of whining, but I wasn't even slightly tempted to go get that Butterfinger. Not bad at all! I know The Hubby is pretty down too, but we'll find a way to make it work. All things happen for a reason. If we haven't learned that about our lives and our relationship by this point, then we haven't been paying ANY attention.

With that said, I guarantee the day will look up from here! The Hubby and I may or may not be adding to the tattoo collection. Well, mine is more of an error correction, plus one if they have time just to make it worth paying the shop minimum. The Hubby feels uneven, so he's going to get his other leg touched up and adding to a tattoo he got when he was in The Marines. It is so addicting, but really I think I whined enough to get this one since what I consider an error on the one I got last month is driving me nuts!! Easy fix, but I need it fixed soon! Then we have the evening to ourselves before chaos ensues.

The Hubby's classes (he's going to school for his Bachelor's degree) start tomorrow, I believe. The girls come home tomorrow from an extended stay with my parents at the cabin and we have haircuts and karate to get to. Thursday we have meet and greets for all four kids at three different schools, doc appointments, more karate and a kid swap at some point before crashing for a couple of quiet hours together to wrap up the evening. Friday is just my girls and I, but we will be doing some deep cleaning of bedrooms and getting the final things ready for our trip and school because after our holiday weekend with family they will be headed back to class as well!! Let the crazy schedules begin!!

I have to believe that school falling through for me was a sign I had just taken on too much right now. I'm signing up to be a Girl Scout Troop Leader for two troops, I'm on the Mardi Gras committee for their school as well. Plus, fall is my busiest time of the year for photography, including a couple of 2016 seniors, my sister-in-law's wedding and my usual family portrait sessions. I love fall!!! So, maybe it was a blessing in disguise so I can help everyone out while The Hubby focuses on his degree for now. Like I said, all things happen for a reason.

Anyway, I need to share! I found a super yummy lunch option for The Hubby & I to take to work. He has access to a microwave, but my office manager won't let us have one, so I have a hard time coming up with cold options. This week's is a super winner!!


What is it, you ask? That is a Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap. Oh the yumminess of this super simple meal! We bought a rotisserie chicken. I de-boned it and separated the light and dark meat (he likes dark and I don't) and then threw each in the food processor for a couple seconds. I stored both types of chopped chicken in small tupperware containers. Then we take out a serving and mix in dressing. I used Caesar dressing for mine and topped with shredded parmesan cheese. For The Hubby's I mixed his chicken with buffalo sauce and gave him mozzarella cheese & ranch to put on top. The leaves are simply romaine lettuce leaves. Both versions are super tasty and super simple. Yesterday I ate them with a side of cucumbers. Today I had a pickle and some Skinny Chocolate and peanuts for dessert. Two is definitely filling too!

Tonight's dinner is salmon on the grill with a recipe I believe I already shared on here. I'll try to take some pictures tonight to share and I'll post the recipe again with how I altered it to make it THM-friendly. Oh and I just started reading the book, The Mood Cure. So far it is quite interesting, but I'll be back with a full review or at least an update in a few days as I get into the meat of the subject a bit more. It's basically about balancing out hormones through diet and supplements. I'm very intrigued by this because of my PCOS, but it goes much more in depth than that, so I'll keep you all posted.

Here's to a Tuesday that starts looking up! Hey, I'm on my second bottle of water, so that's already a plus right?!

Comments

Popular Posts