Happy Fall Y'all!

I absolutely LOVE fall! It is by far my favorite time of the year. I'm one of those people who would be completely happy with fall weather six months out of the year, then winter and summer could share three months each. Spring is just... well, we don't really get spring here, so it's kind of useless to us. Oh, other than the sap run. I have the best memories of making maple syrup with my family as a kid.

Anyway, I love this quote and I completely agree!! Summer craziness is over. Time to whip out the crockpots and start making yummy, hot meals that just cook themselves while you enjoy weather that isn't choking you with humidity or burying you in snow. It's the start of the crazy whirlwind of holidays, but for me it's the start of planning ahead and surviving those holidays without guilt. Bring it on!


Fall is also a big time for me with my photography business. When I started my divorce I really cut back on the amount of time and dedication I put into my business. I made the choice to focus more on my girls and on myself. I'm still kind of in that zone, but I haven't stopped doing sessions completely. Since fall colors are my favorite background, I make sure that I offer fall mini sessions every year. I love seeing my return clients and comparing how big the kids have gotten from the year before. It's also a super busy time for graduating senior sessions and I usually throw in one wedding a year. Well, CHECK! CHECK! And CHECK! Mini sessions kick off and I'll shoot my second senior session this weekend and the wedding editing has begun. I love the craziness!!

Speaking of fall sessions, this is still one of my favorite fall session prep pics of my girls. We usually go out scouting for locations to see where the colors are the brightest. The girls were so little here. The photo itself has some flaws, but I think I love it most because it shows their little personalities at that point. The big one being the mama (as always) and the little one humoring her while licking the snot off her lip. Yup! They're all mine!! Oh and if you're interested in checking out more of my work or looking into these fall sessions, please feel free to check out my business page on Facebook.


Okay, I've gushed enough. HAPPY FIRST DAY OF THE BEST SEASON OF THE YEAR! Tonight, to celebrate, we will be having grilled salmon (which may be made in the oven if this rain doesn't let up) with sweet potato fries. YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts