Yummy Recipe Share

Super busy weekend, but I had to stop by and share the recipe I used last night. It's from simpletaste.com and she has phenomenal recipes with the points values already figured out. This was on her top 20 recipes of 2010 list and rightfully so. It was easy to make and SUPER yummy! Two legs are only 5 points and definitely filling.

Asian Glazed Drumsticks
Servings: 4
Plus Points: 5

  • 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
  • Pam spray oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste) - I used hot sauce I got from the asian foods isle since I couldn't find this type.
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp ginger, grated
  • 2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8 minutes until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

Again, Gina has some of the best WW friendly recipes. Jump over and check her out. She's definitely broadened my horizons!!

Oh and on a good note... I'm officially down 10 pounds. After less than a pound lost last week and the mix up with me thinking I'd lost more than I really had, it's nice to actually, definitely be at this particular mile marker. I'm ready to hit the next five! And I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that this is not a race. Slow is not bad. I'll get there. I'm making an adjustment for a lifetime, not just for a few months to drop some weight. But I did make my goals this week, well a couple. I still slacked on the water goal, so it's rolling over into this coming week. I will find a way!

Anyway... it's the weekend. Weekend = more temptations. May the force be with you! :)

Comments

Popular Posts