Weeked Wrap Up

Well, I can say that as far as my healthy eating goes, I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow and having a very predictable week! LOL This week was full of temptations including the Packer football game today - which, I'm happy to say was awesome and cheeseheads everywhere are celebrating a trip to the Superbowl for Green Bay in two weeks. That also means more temptations. So, I'm on a mission. I'm in search of point friendly, but yummy for everyone, Superbowl snacks. I'll start by trying to make some old recipes healthy and try to search out some new ones as well. If anyone has some healthy go-to recipes for snacks and goodies, please feel free to share! I'll report back with my findings later in the week.

With all that said, I've planned out some of next week's meals - I have to plan the 2nd half of the week, packed healthy lunches for Jim, Em & I (Em is so excited to take her lunch to school in her new lunch tote), and I'm setting goals for the week.

1. Walk at least 20 minutes all three days I'm in the office. This is a huge goal for me because I've been struggling with extreme back pain since my final weeks of pregnancy with Abby. I can't walk far or clean too long without pain, so here's hoping 20 minutes is a good starting point because I want to start training next month for a 5K in April!

2. Water. No excuses. I should be getting at least 100oz a day of just plain water. I'm making that my goal for the week. Once I start it, I crave it, so I just need to get going.

3. Journal EVERY SINGLE BITE!! I've been slacking this week with the excuse that I didn't know the points value. HA! I can try harder to figure it out. Lazy butt!!

So, not difficult goals. Not unachievable goals. Simple goals I should be attempting every week. But, let's just start building the house one brick at a time. I'm not willing to watch it all come crashing down on me because I set myself up for failure. It's easy to do, but I've been down that road before.

Speaking of that road, I think that when it comes to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle society is setting us up for failure. First we failed ourselves by making poor decisions in the first place. But now there are advertisements, commercials, infomercials, and television shows about how people drop tons of weight in a short amount of time and they make it look so easy. HA! If it were easy, there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic.

I used to love to watch Biggest Loser. When they first started, they had people on the show that ranged from 200-300 pounds. That's not unheard of, many people know individuals in that weight range. So, when they lost weight, you could relate to their struggles and their triumphs and it made you believe that you could do it too. Now, it seems that their main goal is to find the biggest person they can and have them drop over half their body weight in three months. What the heck?!? Since when is that healthy, normal, and realistic? So, I stopped watching. I was sick of watching 400 pound men lose 200 pounds and then when they showed them a year later, they showcased their failures because they were overweight again. No kidding! If you lose all that weight in 3 months, how much did you learn about keeping it off? It seemed like a huge crash course on how to lose weight fast, but the real lessons were missed along the way. Who has time to work out 7 hours a day? What do you do when you return to reality and face all the temptations that you were hidden from for 3 months and that you have no monetary motivation pushing you to avoid?

Anyway... I'm sick of comparing myself to the impossible. There's no way I'm going to lose 70 pounds in 3 months. NO WAY!! You know what? I don't want to! I want to have a life, enjoy my kids, enjoy the food I'm eating and not be a prisoner to my scale or my food. I understand that food is an energy source, but you can enjoy it and have a healthy relationship with it at the same time. That's my goal. To find that happy medium. I want to have a healthy relationship with my food. Not gorge myself, not starve myself, not limit myself to poached meats and raw veggies. I want to have a normal life, at a normal weight, and enjoy normal activities that may include going for pizza or ice cream. I just need to train myself to do it in moderation.

It's possible right?

Comments

Popular Posts