Sorry to go M.I.A.

What a weekend. It was one sick weekend in our house. Nothing like a stomach bug to help push you that extra little bit toward adjusting your hunger levels at the onset of a new weight loss program. I always struggle with the first few weeks because I struggle to figure out the best times to eat my snacks - and eat my snacks I must. If I don't eat an afternoon snack I would gnaw off my right arm before I got home and then eat my way through the kitchen while making dinner. They say "Snickers Satisfies" well, so does an apple and a string cheese!

Anyway, we're all healthy again and my stomach is tolerating food today. YAY! I will say that I learned that what people tell you about starving yourself not working is very true. I only ate breakfast Saturday and by Sunday morning I had gained 2 pounds. HOW?!? Well, I barely drank anything all day, so I was dehydrated and my body was holding onto everything in fear that I may never eat again. At one point I was wondering the same thing. It took another day, but my body is relieved now to be getting "nummies in my tummy" as my oldest would say.

So, no new recipes to report this weekend. My hubby started his new job today, so we're learning how to adjust to Daddy being home every evening, how to plan meals, and who gets what job each night. I also have to remind him that when it's his turn to cook, he needs to keep it point friendly or he'll toss in a stick of butter to sautee his onions. YIKES! I'm also on the road for work this week, so hopefully I'll come up with some tidbits of helpful information for those of you who may be travelling in the near future and want to do it without killing your food plans for the day. I'm already planning to pack lots of fruit and easily accessible veggies. I hope there's a Subway nearby, but since I don't know the area, I'm not sure how to plan ahead. On top of that, I may be headed to Wisconsin Dells for a weekend with my family as a last minute decision and that means 3 days, 2 nights in a hotel with a waterpark. Activity points, yes, but major tempation... you betcha!!!

Stay tuned... tonight's plan is something quick and simple. I didn't plan my week's meal plan and I'm kicking myself for it. But the thought of food yesterday still made my stomach turn, so hopefully I can think well on the fly the next few days. If anyone has traveling "lite" suggestions as far as food goes, please share away. It looks like I may be putting on over 700 miles and 7 hours in the car this week with countless fast food restaurants and convenience stores calling my name along the way. Must. Be. Strong.

Oh, by the way, since I didn't post on Friday I missed my weekly weigh in update. I'm officially down 8.2 pounds. WOOHOO!! First 5 pound star, many more to come!

Comments

Popular Posts