I let him have it!!

My husband that is! I was working on some editing (I'm a part-time photographer among many other things) and my hubby comes into the room and the following conversation happens:

Him: "Hey, you know what would be really nice?"
Me: "What"
Him: "It'd be a really huge favor..."
Me: "I'm busy, what is it?"
Him: "Fine, if you're gonna be crabby..."
Me: "I'm not crabby, just busy. What can I do for you?"
Him: "Go get us each a bowl of ice cream." Said with the biggest cheshire cat grin on his face - the face that I had to restrain myself not to slap!
Me: "Are you freaking kidding?!?"

This made him step back and the goofy grin disappeared. He honestly didn't quite realize why I was about to flip out on him. But flip out I did. The rest of the story...

Me: "When you were doing your work challenge and I'd even SUGGEST that we go out to dinner you would flip out and whine saying that it was no fun going out to eat while you were trying to be so good and couldn't have what you really wanted. I supported you, bought point friendly food, made point friendly dinners and packed your freaking lunches! Now YOU want ME to get US some ice cream. Oh HELL NO!!!"

Okay, it's not often that my hubby is at a loss for words, but I think I really just took him off guard. I don't know if being gone for the weekend made him forget that I was following the program or what, but I couldn't believe he would be a food pusher when he knew I was trying so hard. At first I was hurt that he would be so inconsiderate, but once I realized it was honestly just a lapse in judgement, I forgave him, but told him if he ate ice cream in front of me that he would have to use the carton to ice his nether regions.

So, I was proud of myself. It's not often that I stand up for myself when it comes to food. I'm usually a leader in almost everything, except food control. In that aspect, I'm a follower. If someone says "I'm really hungry for Cold Stone," I'm the first to grab my keys and yell, "I'll drive!" as I'm running out the door. So there!! I beat the enemy, this time anyway. And I put my hubby in his place. I also hinted again that he'd better get on board soon, or he'd have no choice because the rest of the junk is going out and only healthy is coming in.

Anyone else have a major achievement this weekend? Feel free to share. I'd love to see who's reading and get some feedback. Any, what we in the diet world call NSV's - Non-Scale Victories?

Comments

  1. Hey!!I just wanted to give you a huge hug and pat on the back! You did AWESOME this weekend, as resisting temptation and making the healthier choice when the odds, definitely were working against you! i'm so like you...being the first running out the door to go buy junk food if someone suggests it!!
    I'm glad i'm not a SAHM, well....only for the reason that I can't stay home and not eat my face off. I could sit and eat chocolate all day if someone let me! So ...i guess I could say that I am proud of myself, because this weekend was a SAH weekend, all of it, except for 2 hrs, due to weather, and i managed to stay within my DPA each day, and made the choice of having an orange or banana instead of the box of smarties in the cupboard, or the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer! I'm really trying this week (other than not being to determined to get in a workout)so i'm hoping it pays off on the scale on Thursday evening! Hang in there! you are doing a great job!! And don't let your husband take you down with him!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts