Back on track

I'm finally over my funk and I've picked up and dusted off. I stepped on the scale this morning to find it down 0.8. I thought I was down 2+ pounds until I put it into the tracker. I was off on my starting weight. What a disappointment. But, also, what an eye opener! I didn't track my foods very well this week, gave in to too many sweet temptations, and I paid the price. I'm lucky I didn't gain. So, I'm back on the saddle!

Tonight I whipped up an old favorite and figured the points for it. I was impressed and it was yummy!

It started with peppers. Em helped me chop them and put them in the bowl until Daddy got home (don't worry, I chopped, she helped put them in the bowl). Don't these look yummy?!? Good price on peppers at Wal-Mart this week.
Next I cut up some chicken breast, three to be exact. Whipped up some stir-fry sauce according to the packet you can get in the asian food isle and poof, my craving for Chinese was fulfilled. It smelled and looked so good while I was cooking and I was so hungry!

Finally it was time to sit down and enjoy! My highlight of the evening, though, was that I talked my 3 year old into trying a couple peppers. She didn't like the red, but liked the green. I had to bribe her with a Tootsie Roll, but it was so worth it! She asked for another piece a bit later. Maybe she finally has another veggie she'll eat?!? That's probably wishful thinking on my part!

So, here's the skinny on this recipe.

Chicken Stir-Fry
Serves: 4
Points Plus Value: 4

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved and sliced
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 pkg stir-fry mix
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp EVOO

Mix stir-frymix, soy sauce, sugar and water together and set aside. Cut the chicken in to large bite sized pieces and the same with the peppers. Put EVOO in frying pan and fry chicken pieces until they start to brown. Add peppers and cook until they are soft. When peppers are cooked through, add stir-fry sauce and cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens.

We served this with Birds Eye Steamfresh Brown Rice which was an extra 4 points for one serving. Very filling and satisfying meal. Two thumbs up! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts