GRRRRRR!!

As you can tell, this is not going to be a "today was a perfect day" posts. I need to figure out what causes a person to self-sabotage. So, I know I was sick this weekend and very few points were consumed, but that doesn't give me any reason not to document the points I did use. I am supposed to journal EVERYTHING I eat, EVERY day and for some reason, I've gotten it in my head that I can just keep track in my head and everything will be peachy. Nope! That's my personal one-way ticket to failing on this journey.

So, you all are my witnesses. I will journal every single bite I have the rest of the week, regardless of where I travel to. If I don't know the points, I will do my best to figure them out online and document them. I may not have complete control over my meals tomorrow, but I will make the best decisions possible. And when we hit the road on Friday for a long weekend (if I am for sure going, I'm still on the fence), I will have pre-planned and pre-packed so I won't have to walk aimlessly through a convenience store looking at all the stuff I don't really want or settling for something that's more points than I want to use.

WHEW! I needed to get that out. I'm the only person who is accountable for my actions. I'd love to be able to blame McDonalds for making me fat, or for Old Navy for my pants being too small (they keep shrinking the sizes right??), etc. Since that's unrealistic, it's time I take responsibility for my own actions. It's something I preach to my three year old every day when she whacks her baby sister over the head with something. I should practice what I preach!

With all that said, travelling is hard! Planning ahead doesn't always work out, but you make the most of what you've got.

There is one more thing I need to make a conscious effort to improve on... eating breakfast. I'm in such a rush more mornings and worrying about getting the girls dressed and fed, or just not overly hungry. Those aren't good enough excuses. So, I now have a few goals for the rest of the week. No one said this was going to be easy, but this is real life. For the rest of my life there will be times when I'm travelling, I will have unexpected things come my way, and I will have to make the best choices possible.

I will say that I'm proud of myself for a major success tonight. For the first time, I found my willpower while out to eat and instead of ordering french fries, one of my top 5 favorite foods, I ordered a baked potato. WOOHOO!!! I did use butter, but not a ton and I only ate half. PROGRESS!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts