Macaroni & Cheese Please

Okay, as promised I have a product review for everyone!

Today's frozen morsel of choice was the Smart Ones Macaroni & Cheese. I'll say I've had it before, but I couldn't remember if it was any good. Well, for those looking for the ooey gooey cheesy goodness of homemade mac & cheese, you won't find it here. But, if you don't mind the deli-type mac & cheese, then this is right up your alley. It had a decent flavor, a tad mushy, but was pretty satisfying. Prep time was about five minutes and POOF I had a lunch that I accompanied with a chef salad for good measure. Now, if eaten on it's own, I believe it would keep you from gnawing off your right arm for a couple of hours or so, but with the addition of the salad, it was a complete winner and kept me happy until my 4pm apple.

My overall rating... B

As far a "diet" foods go, it was low points and did it's job. Not something I'd eat on a daily basis, but once in a while it will fill the mac & cheese void in my diet.

The rest of the day went pretty well. I didn't eat everything I packed for work, so I missed a snack or two, but I made it through without any major meltdowns. SCORE!! I have to work on my breakfast options for in-office mornings. I am not a breakfast eater, so I ended up having a Fiber One Bar and a Diet Coke. Not the breakfast of champions, but I met my fiber needs and since I don't drink much coffee, and have a 7 month old who sleeps like a newborn, I got my caffeine mojo and kept my points down.

Dinner was simple. And I am happy to share this idea with anyone who isn't already doing it. I've been buying fresh chicken in large quantities, you know those packages that have 10-12 breasts in it in the meat section. I also found that I LOVE the Ziploc Vacuum Seal Bags. These bags make life so easy! I buy the bulk, then come home and divvy the breasts up into 2-3 per bag. I add marinade to a few and some I leave plain. I've even learned to slice up a few breasts ahead of time, so I just have to dump them into the frying pan when it's time to make dinner. The vacuum seal bags make freezing the chicken super simple and it takes no time to thaw them out.

Evenings are a madhouse around here, especially when Jim is working evenings and I have both girls to myself. So, being able to pull a package of 3 marinated breasts out of the fridge and stick them in the oven allowed me to cater to Abby's ongoing demands, and help Emilee draw some pictures. Dinner for three, time to play with the kids, and I was still able to get them both to bed at a decent hour. Another point for Mama!

So, there are a couple of product recommendations for everyone. Have a happy week and remember... whatever is tempting you today, remember it'll still be an option tomorrow. Don't do or eat something you'll beat yourself up over later.

Comments

Popular Posts