No Plan + a Packer Playoff Game = Sunday Snack-Day... UGH!!

Weekends are always my downfall and I failed to plan ahead for this one. I was supposed to go to the grocery store today but it is so dang cold outside that I didn't want to drage the girls out for a trip to town. Unfortunately, that means my options in the house are limited, horrible choices are calling my name and with no planned meals I've resorted to snacking. Add to that that the Packer football game is on and my hubby brought out a frozen pizza for dinner... UGH!!

But coming here helped me get some perspective. I'm within points range and I can do this in a realistic manner. If I have one piece of pizza, I can have a big salad to compliment it and fill me up. That'd be 12 points, but I have it and it makes more sense than diving into the meat and crackers he cut up for him and Em. His response to my evil glare... "I'm going to start next week, this week is just too hard." Double UGH!! I need him to do this with me or it will be even more of a struggle.

So, what did I learn this weekend? Plan. Plan. PLAN! Shop before the weekend because the weekend can get too busy to get out and do something so simple.

I also learned taht my favorite meal at Olive Garden is still doable - Soup, Salad & Breadsticks, just avoid the breadsticks. Their Zuppa Tuscana soup is only 4 points, plus they have a minestrone and chili-type soup that would also be low in points. Unfortunately, breadsticks are 4 points a piece. And the salad dressing is 5. So, if you're looking to go out for lunch with friends, this is a definite must-do as long as you have the willpower to stay away from the yummy breadsticks.

So, today was spent looking up recipes, entering my go-to's into the recipe builder on my online WW tools and planning dinner for the entire week. Now I'm planning lunches... that's so much harder than dinner. If anyone cares to share their favorite lunch ideas, I'd love it. Oh and I'm writing "I must drink water all day long" 100x on Em's blackboard because I was horrible about it last week.

Comments

Popular Posts