Throwback Thursday

Not sure why, but today I've been doing a lot of reminiscing. It's just the kind of person I am. So, I looked back through old posts and old weight reports since I started the blog. I look back at those early pics and see a miserable person. So many people had no idea what was going on inside of me, but there was a definite reason for my ever growing body - and it wasn't due to the 6 month old baby or a new one on the way. I was so very unhappy.

Here's the first comparison I posted when I started this blog...


Ugh!! That is so very hard to look at! It was January 2011. My big girl was 3 1/2 and my baby was 6 months old. Abbycakes was a tough baby. She was colicky. She screamed every waking moment and woke every 1-2 hours until she was almost two! I finally broke down one day shortly after these pictures when I realized that all of the "signs" my baby was giving me pointed toward issues more than reflux and being a crabby kid. I had her tested for Sensory Processing Order and soon had Birth to 3 coming into our house weekly working with her. Meanwhile, my marriage, while not uncommonly rocky, was in a downward spiral. I hated my life. My girls were the only good thing in my life any longer. I just had to work up the courage to make the biggest decision of my life - and it had nothing to do with my weight. But once I did...


I found ME again! I found a way to be happy, to work on me and a way to be a mom and an individual. It's been an ongoing process, but it has been an absolutely enlightening journey! I wouldn't change of it though. Not the hurt and heartache, not the anger and frustration, not even the weight gain. Everything I went through before taught me how to be who I am today. Just like who I am today will prep me and teach me for who I will be another 5, 10, 20 years from now. Crazy how that works!

Overall... this throwback Thursday was a healthy walk down memory lane. I'm no longer that unhappy person. I may have my good and bad days, but my life is awesome! I'm very blessed, I'm healthy and I have amazing people in my life. I wouldn't change a thing. You can see how much life has changed by looking at my face.


By the way... since making that decision to do what I needed to do for me and focus on making myself happy and healthy, I'm officially down 47 pounds. I've shed a lot of sadness, anger and despair along the way as well. This body is not only physically lighter...

Comments

Popular Posts