All Fun Must Come to an End!

Oh what fun it was!! The Hubby and I had a fantastic anniversary (celebrated Friday and then hung out together on Sunday - our actual anniversary) and the girls and I had an awesome Saturday! Friday's fun kicked off with The Hubby and I adding to our tattoo addiction...




Since I met him, he has wanted the fire/ems symbol on the back of his calf. After his accident in January 2014 he said he wanted to wait until he built up the muscle in his calf again before he got it. Well, I surprised him with a trip to the tattoo parlor on Friday. He was pretty sure he had it all figured out, until one night he told me he thought he had it figured out and I followed that with, "Oh that reminds me, I need to print out the tickets." That successfully threw him off the scent until we pulled up in front of the building! So, Thursday night I was up late making "tickets" for our anniversary outing! After all, the first anniversary gift is paper.


 After tattoos, we went out for dinner, then visited a newer distillery in the area that we've been wanting to check out. It was an absolutely perfect, relaxing evening full of memories! He laughed afterward and told me this is one anniversary gift he will NEVER forget - could that be because it's permanent??

Saturday my baby girl had her first public dance performance. Talk about jitters. The poor little critter was nervous for WEEKS leading up to this recital. She did awesome though. They were so cute! The four girls were the youngest jazz routine in the show and they shook it to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off."


Afterward, the girls and I meandered around the festival - it was the annual Dragon Boat Festival, so it was a big, busy weekend on Barker's Island. We shuttled from the mall and then jumped on a hay ride to the festivities. If I'd known it was that easy to get down there, I would have checked out the festivities years ago! This was a perfect time though. Abbycakes was so excited to be part of the event and they both liked the festival treats (which I managed to mostly refrain from). Much to their delight, we also found the face painting booth!


Afterward, the three of us headed home absolutely exhausted. The girls had been begging for sewing lessons, so I figured it was the perfect quiet afternoon activity. They caught on quickly too. I think there will be plenty more sewing projects in our future!



Sunday we dropped the girls off for a few days of cabin fun with Nana & Papa and we bummed around all day for our anniversary. Honestly, I couldn't have been happier. We laughed and talked and just enjoyed each other. It was completely stress free, no interruptions and we even made dinner together (steak & salmon on the grill with a couple scallops for an appetizer) and relaxed on the couch with a movie. We also finally opened our anniversary bottle of champagne left from our wedding. So yummy!!!


Now it's Monday. What a dreadful word! It was so hard to see the weekend come to an end and even harder to get out of bed this morning. The girls are having a blast at the cabin and I can't think of anything other than going home, making dinner and passing out cold on the couch tonight. I think the non-stop summer has caught up with me!

With all of that said, we have the week's dinner menu planned out:

Monday: Egg White Sandwich
Tuesday: Bacon Wrapped Chicken w/Green Beans
Wednesday: Grill Pork Chops, Garlic Quinoa & Green Beans (Takes us two meals to finish a bag)
Thursday: THM-friendly Chinese... I think we are going to go with the chicken or pork lo mien. That's a new recipe, so I'll definitely report back!
Friday: Unsure of who's home, so if it's just us two, it will probably be a yummy shrimp night!

We pre-packed lunches last night and did all of our shopping before we went home to enjoy dinner. It helps so much when we plan ahead. I told The Hubby that we pretty much have to travel every Saturday or Sunday so we can plan our weekly menu on the ride (since we planned this week's on the way home from the cabin)!

This week we will also be getting kids to karate, having two more test it out, getting kids and pets to doc appointments and dog sitting at the end of the week for our neighbors two doors down. Never a dull moment! The kids have two weeks left of summer vacation too. I think it's been a pretty great one. There's been very little whining or complaining this summer. I don't think we've heard the words, "I'm bored" even once this summer! That's a success in itself.

Plus, I'm recommitting to be on track 100% for the next 2 1/2 weeks. Our next break will be my birthday next month and then we will celebrate my sister-in-law's wedding the following weekend. A challenging month when you count Labor Day Weekend out of town too, but it's completely doable! Plus, we will get a new family pic at the wedding since I'm the photographer! We have pretty much had one a year for the past few years, so it'll be fun to compare them.

So, while the fun may temporarily be done, nothing is seriously damaged. I'm bloated and up a couple of pounds, but nothing that won't melt off in the next day or two. We are set with our food plans and good groceries in the house... Fail to plan, plan to fail right?? Not this crew. We are set to see more success in month three!

On my final note... thanks to everyone for the wonderful Happy Anniversary comments and also to those who have reached out to me about this blog. I'm so glad people enjoy my rambling. If this helps one person, or even gives one other family the courage to try new recipes with their little ones... it's totally worth it. Thanks for following! I couldn't do this without all of you. This blog is my diary and knowing that I can spill it all here helps. Life is hard. Lift changes are scary! Having people support you through all of it.... PRICELESS!

Comments

Popular Posts