CRUSHED IT!!!

My goal that is!! 


I actually hit it last night. Yes, I weighed last night after speed cleaning my house for my exercise since my gym plans were spoiled. I still got a good workout and my house looks great! Even the bedrooms! I was so excited to hit the next milestone that I couldn't fall asleep last night. At midnight I was still bouncing around like a kid strung out on sugar. Oh well... today is FRIDAY!!! I weighed this morning, since this is my "official" weigh in day, and took some quick measurements that I've updated on the progress page. I also have a comparison pic I took earlier this week that I posted too.

Tonight we start the celebrations for our first anniversary. It's hard to believe we just completed our first year. A big part of me feels like he's been in my life forever, but it's actually been 3 1/2 years. I am a pretty self-sufficient person. I'm stubborn, I'm independent and I'm a touch of a control freak about events and surroundings - maybe even a touch OCD. He puts up with all of that and I couldn't imagine my life without him. These past two months have been amazing. I honestly didn't know I had it in me to do this. I was so worried I would fail yet again! He was right there beside me with the same worries and concerns about attempting a new way of eating. I did not picture where we are today when we started in June.

This is wear I brag on my superstar hubby for a moment...


These pictures show you how much hard work and dedication he has put into another hairbrained idea that his crazy wife came up with! The first pic on the left is him looking super handsome and ready to take our three girls to the Daddy Daughter Ball in late February. The middle pic is him on Father's Day... the day before we started Trim Healthy Mama. The final pic is him a couple of weeks ago after his workout at work. I love that his work promotes working out on shift. Each station has a fitness area and the captains encourage whoever wants to, to take time out of their day to get a workout in. I wish my work did that!!! Then again, I don't have to lift anything heavy at work...

As of today he has lost 28.2 pounds (He's mere ounces from his next milestone number also). That's almost a pound every other day since we started!!! He's shrinking!! I mean, I look at him and see it happening. We haven't done his measurements yet, but he has gone down two pants sizes, at least one shirt size and he now almost drowns in his bunker gear! I'm anxious to take a pic tonight of the two of us together to do a comparison shot! He's always been good looking, I'm just super proud of that he took control of his health and has been with me through every bite the last couple of months. He's been open to trying new things, especially veggies which he has a major aversion to. Not only have his clothes gotten too big, but his scary high blood pressure has come down to the normal range and he has a lower resting pulse than I do! His constant, random nosebleeds have also almost disappeared. He's setting a pretty darn good example in our house and he's also setting goals that he's achieving every day. His latest one... finish the Insanity workout. He's never made it through month two before, but he's well on his way this time!

So, that's our two month break down. Awesome progress and happy, healthier us. Tonight we start the celebrations for our anniversary with a yummy dinner. We will indulge in a little richer food and even a couple of drinks, but we will also be active this weekend with a certificate to go play 18 holes of golf. WOOHOO!! Abbycakes's has her first ever dance recital on Saturday morning too, so we have another weekend-o-fun ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts