Temps Are Cooling... Fall Is In The Air!

It's crazy, but where we live the temperature can literally swing 50 degrees in a day. We were up over 100 degrees a couple of weeks ago and about two days later we were in the 60s. Thankfully those extremely hot days are very limited up here. I hate heat and humidity! I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West... I'M MELTING! I'M MELTING! Honestly though... I sweat like nobody's business when it's hot and humid out. Today The Hubby reported that it was 42 degrees outside when we woke up. Hello Fall!!!

With that... We have started our fall activities. School supply shopping is complete. New clothes and shoes have been purchased. The last of the girls' uniform order came in, with an error I might add. I ordered two blue polo shirts for the youngest in a size small. Yeah, they sent me XXL. Super close! *sigh* Otherwise, I went through both of the girls' closets (Emmylou and Abbycakes are the only two who wear uniforms, K & J are in a different school system) to make sure everything for uniforms fit or were put away. We even set some aside from last year to take to their dad's so they will for sure have enough outfits there as well. It is a crazy, methodical process, but it has to be done - complete with sighs and eye rolling withe each piece of clothing I ask them to try on. Have I mentioned I just can't wait for their teen years??

So, last night we officially started the first kid in karate! The second got her uniform. Tonight the third will do his trial class and Thursday the fourth will do her trial class. WHEW!


Aren't they cute?!? Emmy Lou LOVED IT!! She was smiling the whole time and when she came out after class she asked she she could go back. I told her she could go to class tomorrow and she whooped in excitement and punched her fist in the air. Yeah, I think she enjoyed herself. Abbycakes is anxious to go back to her second class, but the way the holiday lands and our summer child care juggling schedule, she will only get in about one a week for the first few weeks. Oh well! The other two watched intently last night and both agreed that they can't wait to give it a shot. We may have found our first family sport! Think of how much easier this will make life - to be able to drop all four off at the same place, at the same time no less, for one sport. Bring it on!!!

Emmy Lou is still going to do one more year on swim team. More to appease her dad and I, but she really enjoyed herself last night and really improved. I told her that it would be better this year since she learned all the "new kid" stuff last year. We'll see how it goes. Her asthma doc said to keep an eye on her and if she starts to struggle like last year with constant colds that she can't shake, that swimming that often may be a trigger for her asthma. She never struggled IN the pool last year or around the chlorine, so I'm hoping it was just a big bug year.

Now for a food share since that's what this blog is supposed to be about right?? A couple of things... first, I have to report what my latest favorite, easy dinner is: Egg white sandwich with real mozzarella cheese & turkey bacon on sour dough bread with a slice of sourdough with All Fruit jelly on the side. Sweet and salty and so yummy! Also, if you're trying to kick a diet soda habit, or are looking for a drink alternative that is carb free and doesn't use artificial sweeteners, I would highly suggest Zevia.

I'll be honest and say that you will probably hate it the first time you try it. I had to try a couple different flavors before it really hit me and now I love to have one every few days to fill my bubbly soda fix. I am a Diet Coke addict. I don't dare even take a sip, so these help a lot! They are spendy, but you can find them in most grocery stores in the organic section with the drinks, at a whole foods store or even on Amazon. I really like the Dr. Zevia (Dr. Pepper spin off) and Cream Soda. The Hubby got Black Cherry last time. Oooh I found that Holiday even carries the bigger cans if you are in dire need on the road.

And one more drink recommendation... Bai5. Here's the link to their product - http://www.drinkbai.com/bai5. You can find them in the flavored water section at Wal-Mart or most grocery stores.


Okay, if you like the Peach Bellini from Olive Garden, you will LOVE the peach flavor over ice. Oh so so wonderful! Sorry... I was floating off to my happy place there. I have tried several flavors of this, they even have a carbonated drink from the same brand, but watch the sugar in those. These are a yummy treat (since they are $2 a piece) when everyone else is enjoyed sweetened tea or other dilectible summer drinks.

So, there you have it! Product Recommendation Wednesday! And the countdown has begun... I will officially start classes two weeks from today. September will be pretty awesome for all of us!

Comments

Popular Posts