My Circles Have Circles

Under my eyes that is. I don't know why either! They have become more prevalent in the last year and I feel I'm getting more and better sleep than I did in previous years. I used to stay up until 1 or 2:00 in the morning editing photo sessions and then get up at 6:30am for work for months at a time when Abbycakes was a baby and I didn't have circles this bad. It creates a bit of self-consciousness because I look like the walking dead!

Apparently allergies and sinus pressure can create them to be darker, which could be a factor with me. I've actually decided to ask my doctor at my annual visit if I can get an allergy test. I never had issues when I was younger, but I'm waking up daily with a headache and sinus pressure now, so I think something's up. Plus, I don't want to take a daily allergy med if that's not what the problem is, but I would love some relief there too. I also have some eye issues that have been being monitored the past couple of years, so I want to be sure it all isn't related. It really sucks getting old!!

Okay... enough whining for today! It's FRIDAY!!!!


It's not just Friday, it's Friday of a kid-free weekend! I love my kids and I miss them when the house gets too quiet, but it's also so nice to have some time to get stuff done without interruptions. I know my divorced friends understand this. You love and hate your kid free weekends. You would rather have your kids under your roof, but you make the most of the time and pack as much as you can into the time period that they will be gone. That's what we're doing! Tonight I have a date night with The Hubby and we're going golfing. Saturday is just me! That means cleaning, shopping and hopefully making a dent in the storage boxes in the garage (we are de-cluttering). Sunday The Hubby and I get to take a mini road trip to check on his old house (it's a duplex that we are renting out and repairing at the same time). Time in the car is awesome though. We B.S. the whole ride and work together to create a meal plan for the week and go over the schedule for the upcoming week. It works pretty slick and it seems we have been travelling at least one of his days off most weekends this summer!

I've had a few people ask me what our typical meal plan looks like for the week. Here's this past week's:

Monday - THM-Friendly Nachos - Blue Corn Chips w/Mozzarella Cheese & greek yogurt (quick and easy)
Tuesday - Pizza (per the kids' request, so Andy & I had eggs & bacon)
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Chips, Garlic Quinoa & Green Beans
Thursday - Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Zucchini Fries
Friday - THM-Friendly Chicken Lo Mien
Saturday - I'm alone again, so I get to play with whatever sounds yummy!

Then we usually plan again on Sunday for that night and the week ahead. It always depends on who is home that night and how many we are cooking for. Also, I finally finished organizing my Pinterest boards! Once we decide a recipe is a winner (which most actually have been), I go in and move it to the "THM KEEPERS" board. If it needs to be tweaked, I try to put that in the notes about the pin. If you're interested, here's the link. You can also check out my other THM boards. I have a Drinks & Desserts board that is a mix of tried and not yet tried recipes. I would love feedback if anyone decides to give one a try that I haven't put on the "keepers" board yet. I do have to wrap this up by saying that the best way to attempt this plan is to read the book first. It just makes it all make so much more sense! Once The Hubby got through it so much more clicked with him on what foods to combine for what meals.

Oh... speaking of The Hubby. Huge shout out to him on this Weigh In Friday!! He is officially down 30.6 pounds in 68 days! I'm so proud of him for doing this with me!! He is looking fierce and only has two weeks left before he can officially say he completed Insanity! Together we have lost a combined total of 48 pounds in just over two months. I'll take that!



Comments

Popular Posts