I Didn't Cheat

I can only cheat if how I ate yesterday was against the rules. I did not cheat. I simply enjoyed some less-than-clean foods yesterday. I didn't feel guilty. I didn't hide in a closet while I gorged myself. I actually even planned to do it! I've mentioned several times now that this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Part of life is celebrating birthdays and going out to dinner with friends or family.

Yesterday my big girl turned eight and her dinner request was to go to the Hibatchi grill.

 Happy Girls!

"Baby Sake" for the birthday girl! (No worries, it was water)

I knew that meant rice and noodles as well as teriyaki sauce and yum yum sauce. Basically more carbs and sugar than I have eaten in well over a month in one meal! And it tasted wonderful! I didn't eat it all in one sitting - I actually brought half home for my mom to eat at lunch today while she watched the girls (boy was she excited!). The Hubby enjoyed his dinner as well - guilt free. We both declined the offer to share her free birthday dessert with us though. The scale was up today for both of us and I'm okay with that (he is too).

I also don't hear that little voice in my head today saying, "Well, you're already up, you might as well enjoy and indulge the rest of the weekend!" It's also not saying, "You suck! You suck! You suck! Can't you do anything right?!?" Trust me... I've heard both voices before. This time I hear a mellower voice saying, "I'm glad you enjoyed that and nice job getting right back on track this morning. See how you don't feel super stellar today? That's probably due to what you ate last night, but it will pass. Probably a good idea not to make it a habit" and I COMPLETELY agree with that voice. Isn't it a bit insane how much of a mental game it all is? We are so hard on ourselves. No one is perfect! Dust off and move on. Planned or unplanned, if you feel you didn't eat your best, workout your hardest or meet the goals you set that's okay! Accept it and start again. Life goes on and the choice is yours... Accept defeat or accept that this is part of life and move on. Personally.. this is life. I will have a beer with friends or dinner with my girl on her birthday and that's okay. Today is a new day!

Speaking of a new day... today is SPA DAY!! I could hear the pitter pat of our oldest's footsteps upstairs this morning around 6:45am. Silly girl! She was up late last night too, with tonight being another late night. She said she was too excited to sleep any longer. Then there was me, groggy and wishing I could crawl back into bed and sleep for another 3-4 hours and her Nana standing next to me having just voice the same thought! I love her innocence! I love her excitement! I love that I know she is going to be all smiles for the next two days.

I'd also like to report that I finished my sewing project in time for tonight's party. I also managed to straighten up the house and get some laundry done last night before finally crashing around 1am. No rest for the party planner! I did inventory on all party supplies and we are set to go! All three moms have checked in with me over the last couple of days and everyone can still make it tonight. I just need to finish out this darn slow work day! Darn adult expectations!

So... stay tuned for a full recap of the party this weekend. Oh, and I almost forgot... I told you guys that I had a surprise coming. Well, Amazon got an earful! When I ordered it I paid extra for 1-day shipping so I would have it in time to do some party things. The next day the ship date was moved out a day, so it was going to take two days and I have FREE 2-day shipping. Needless to say I was refunded the initial extra shipping fee and my new toy showed up last night...


I can't wait to use it!!!! It was too late to use for the cakes and cupcakes, but I will definitely be doing some Sunday food prep with this bad boy! I've wanted one for years and got a mega deal on this one that I couldn't pass up. So fun!! Yes, I'm that excited over a kitchen appliance. Call me a geek if you like and I will totally own it!

Comments

Popular Posts