Give Me a P... Forget It, We'll Finish Later

Yes, that is me! Procrastinator with a capital P! I'm horrible! I've always been horrible. I have horrible ADD tendencies and ever since I was a kid, I could find 101 things to do besides what I NEEDED to do and then I would hurry up and finish everything last minute. The problem with that is that I still got really good grades or got a pat on the back for a job well done, so I found out I could get away with it! Bad, BAD thing to learn to do. I'm trying to help my kids to not develop the same trait... And I'm staying on top of it for once!

Really though, I'm awful! I love to plan parties, but I leave everything to the last minute. I have things to finish making and prepping for the sleepover on Friday. I have cupcakes to make and cakes to make for both parties. I have shopping to do for food for both parties. I have a house to clean. I even have birthday presents yet to buy. Yeah, I put it off and put it off and now we're down to the final hour.

With that said, I've got this! Tonight I will finish everything for the sleepover. I have a list! Or four...


Oh my lists! I must have lists!!

While I type this The Hubby is putting together the first surprise of the week for the kids. This isn't a birthday present, but something I wanted to buy in time for the party. Then my big surprise comes tomorrow - you all will just have to wait on that one, but I'm busting at the seems with excitement over my new toy! Then we move on to celebrations galore. I'll make my deadlines. No worries! I've got this!!

So, last night we tried out a new recipe. It was a hit! I loved it. The Hubby said it wasn't bad (but he wasn't quite over the mental hurdle of what he was eating, I don't think). Three of the four kids gobbled them up and one even asked for more. We made Cheesy Cauliflower Tots!!!! We tried a new recipe this time and I thought they were great! Dip them in a little ranch dressing and you're good to go. We paired them with Bunless Burgers. I definitely recommend them. We even told all four kids exactly what the tots were made out of after dinner and they were shocked and agreed that we can make them again. WOOHOO! More veggies down the hatch with a request for a repeat. Can't beat that. Tonight we're making Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles. Let's see what the food critics think about this one.

Comments

Popular Posts