Thank You!!

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words of encouragement and applause for our success. One month down, more to go. It's going to be an ongoing battle, but it's worth it! I want so much more out of this than weight loss. Sure, weight loss is the most visible thing I want out of following the THM plan, but that's just the tip of the iceburg! We want health, wellness, a freedom from food - or at least the need for it to be the center of our world, healthy kids, kids who make healthy choices without a second thought... There's a lot that can come out of life changes, ALL life changes. So, thank you to everyone who's reading, who's left a nice comment on my Facebook posts and those in my current challenge. You guys really help keep me going. When I don't have the motivation inside, I certainly find it through those following my blog!

So, the next 30 days started today with a wonderful breakfast. My fitness photo challenge is under way on the Facebook group associated with this blog - Mama Needs a New Pair of Pants Facebook Group. Feel free to join us at any time. I will post a weekly list of pics to keep everyone going. I also post workouts and, well, anything that strikes my fancy. You don't have to know me personally to join the group. Jump in and hopefully we'll get to know you!

With that... Today's photo of the day was BREAKFAST. After seeing the group members posting their pics it made me think. One challenger said her goal this week is to eat breakfast every day because she's prone to skipping it. That was me! I hated eating in the morning. I actually still have to eat quite light because my stomach just doesn't tolerate a lot of food before it is fully awake. It is the most important meal of the day though! I believe it lends to my increase in energy earlier in the day. It's not as big of a challenge, but it's still a challenge. I'm not a morning person, so I have to keep it sweet and simple... Don't forget the sweet!


Okay, not that kind of sweet, but I love sweetness to start my day. Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I've always had a sweet tooth, but it is always satiated on plan! I'm finding it very easy to have a protein shake for breakfast. It fills the void, I get my sweet fix and it is fast and easy. Here are the ingredients for today's Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake.


Add in some Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Silk and ice cubes and that is my breakfast most mornings. (BTW... For those who keep track, this breakfast is 181 calories, 4.5g of fat, 8 net carbs & 25g of protein which I believe makes it an FP - which I do track - as far as meals go and SO YUMMY!) I do switch it up occasionally with Egg White Cups (for an E meal), Whole Egg Cups (for an S meal), hard boiled eggs, or homemade granola bars (THM friendly) if I'm in a bind. On the weekends I usually go all out and make eggs and THM pancakes. The one thing I make sure I have with all of the above is a sweet fix! For the eggs it's usually a side of blueberries or strawberries. For the pancakes it's sugar free jelly, but I always add a little sweetness to my breakfast. Why? Because I can! Well, and because then I feel like I'm set for the day. I don't crave something sweet hardly ever on this plan, but I do like the sweet taste at breakfast and after dinner. It's probably due to habit (cereal for breakfast and dessert after dinner), but I don't have to deprive myself, so why do it. Oh, another favorite in the morning is Cheesecake Berry Crunch, but that one's in the THM book as far as recipes go, so I can't share that. But it will definitely get your day off to a great start!

So there you go. From an anti-breakfast to a person who won't leave home without a shake in hand or devouring a solid, tummy filling plate of goodness. It's worth the effort! Boost your metabolism straight out of the gate and get that fuel! I've also read it's best to get your higher amount of carbs early in the day and peter them off as the day goes on. I don't live by that, but it makes sense. Carbs=energy as they burn, so....

Tonight is a trip to the gym for me! I'm planning a nice, leisurely run and then some quick stretches before heading home to The Hubby and our brood. Everyone is home tonight. An amazing S dinner of shrimp & sausage on Dreamfields Pasta is planned for dinner for the adults and the kids will have chicken alfredo (none of our kids have discovered the awesomeness of shrimp yet). I will say that we have not gotten bored with our food options AT ALL in the past month and haven't really given up any of our favorites. Heck, we're having shrimp scampi for dinner on Friday! How is that possible?!? Gotta love it!!

Comments

Popular Posts