Pot Luck Success!

We had a pot luck at work today. Since our department manager banned the use of crockpots in the office, we've had to get creative with our birthday pot lucks. And let me tell you, this team loves their food!

My boss and I have a few things in common, the two that come up the most are infertility, IVF and PCOS. The end of last year, she decided to make some major changes to her diet and started eating low carb and lifting weights with her hubby. Within months she literally melted away in front of our eyes. She's not got toned arms and looks great. She beat the beast (PCOS) and has continued her lifestyle of low-carb eating. So, when we have our pot lucks, sometimes she chooses that day to splurge and other times she declines the items that aren't on plan for her.

Since Sunday is her birthday and this pot luck is for her and one other coworker, I decided to volunteer to make the dessert. I found a receipt for Brownie Cheesecake. I also bought a box of Triple Chocolate Ghirardelli Brownies that I made for those who didn't want to take the risk with xylitol as a sweetener, but more as a back up plan in case these things bombed.

I'm happy to report that they did not bomb! They are so good! This is an S dessert, so I was able to have an S salad from the salad bar which included chicken, eggs, bacon bites, veggies galore and some ranch dressing to top it all off. I love salt, but I'm a "needs to end on a sweet note" kind of person, so I loved this brownie!


I've even got those who aren't following low-carb plans trying it out liking it! Last night, while I was making the two batters, I let me girls each lick a spoon before the were hustled off to bed. I had them try the box mix one first and they, of course, loved it. Then about 10 minutes later I let them each try a sample of the THM brownie. I asked my almost-8-year-old if it was good. She said yes. I asked if she could tell the difference between this one and the other one and she said yes, but they are both very good. The 5-year-old also gave it two thumbs up!

So, there you have it folks. It was pretty easy to make, cuts into 16 good-sized squares and satisfies all kinds of sweet tooths! And I have successfully survived my first office pot luck without a single cheat. WOOHOO! I'll definitely take that NSV with a smile.

Comments

Popular Posts