Almost There!!

We're almost there!! Tomorrow is the 30 day mark for The Hubby and I and we have both decided to give it another 30! I'll be honest with you and say that I really didn't think he'd want to stay on board after the 30 day mark when this first started. It was a HUGE change from our normal way of eating, but after about the second week I could see him start to change. It wasn't quite as much of a chore any longer and he wasn't asking as many questions about what to eat with what... I could see that the plan was starting to become a success for him. He was seeing loss on the scale, his clothes were getting looser. I honestly can't tell you how awesome it has been to have him on board with me!!

We took our pics and measurements yesterday because we knew we wouldn't have time before work Tuesday morning for me and selfies just don't work, so we were both home and both ready on Sunday morning and just hurried up and got it done before we hit the road for our big day.

Oh and what a big day it was!! We officially have a triathlete in the family. And here I thought I would be the first one! Nope! 2 1/2 weeks before her 8th birthday my big girl swam, biked and ran her way to the finish line of her first triathlon. The first thing she said to me after was, "That was a lot harder than it looked!" Gosh I love that kid!! We actually had three cousins participating in the race this year and they all did amazing. It was so fun to cheer them all on and, well, let's face it... Little kids between the ages of 5 and 11 are still cute when doing races like this! There were about 50 kids and it was awesome to watch their determination at each leg of the race! I asked Emmy Lou if she wanted to come back and do it again next year and she said, "Yeah, I think I do!" Of course, then I told her she would be in the next age bracket, so she would have to go farther for each leg of the race. She stopped, looked at me and said, "On second thought..." Then giggled and shrugged while her little sister piped up that she will do it next year for sure. That began a big sister lecture on learning to ride her bike better by next year and swimming more. Oh how quickly we start to coach others from our learning experiences!

Here's my munchkin in each leg of her race...

And my finisher, who was so proud of her new bling...

It was a super fun day and we managed to say no to all of the fair food that was at the festival too! That was a huge NSV for The Hubby and I. We actually bought some gyro meat when we found out that our turkey wasn't any good. We stuffed that in our Joseph's pitas and had a delicious lunch we had to figure out right on the spot. And I didn't even miss the mini donuts!!

So, with the measurements done, I'm beyond happy at my progress for the 30 days as well. I'm also proud of my 6 month accomplishment since I started a little heavier than I was when I started THM. Pics to come, but there's definitely been changes in my body and the hard work has paid off. The scale may not be moving as quickly as I like, but over the last six months I've lost 33.25" across my entire body (full info on my 2015 progress page). I was starting to feel like the few 16s I had to wear were getting tight and several of my 14s wouldn't even go over my hips in January when I started trying to seriously lose again. I got the ball rolling back then, but it took some appts and some more knowledge about my body to take the next step to get my body to lose weight and get leaner and now, my 14s are loose and I'm fitting into 11/12s I've had stored away for the past few years.

I'm very happy at my progress, but I know there will come times in this journey when things will slow down or even abruptly stop for an unforeseen amount of time. I need to look back here to remember my reasons for making these life changes and how good I felt, because I know my motivation will waver from time to time. So, bear with me for gushing... This is a peaks and valleys type of thing. Love the good times and celebrate them and use them to help you through the harder days!

Another crazy week ahead, but the menu is planned out, groceries are bought and snacks are prepped. Today my Fitness Photo Challenge kicked off (check out yesterday's post for more info) and I have workouts planned into the calendar around family activities. Never a dull moment around here, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Comments

Popular Posts