Shrimp Heaven! That's What Last Night Was!!

So I told you guys that I was going to try a new shrimp recipe last night. It was so easy and so incredibly AMAZING!!! The recipe that I posted yesterday actually has you make the pesto as you go, but I had some homemade pesto that my mom had dropped off that needed to be used. I don't know if I would have ever thought SOAK my shrimp in pesto, but that's what I did. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Scrumptious! Seriously, I could make one of these little skewers as a nightly appetizer if shrimp wasn't so spendy! And if I hadn't promised the The Hubby some for his lunch today, I would have skewered the whole bowl and stuffed my face!

I actually took pics this time! I used raw, unpeeled shrimp and peeled them myself. The Hubby swears they soak in flavoring better, so I'll take his word for it. It took me all of 10 minutes to peel a bag of large shrimp and mix them in with the pesto. (I really should break out my big camera and take nice pics of these meals, but most evenings the lack of time overrules that idea.)


I let them soak in the pesto for about 30 minutes while the little one and I ran errands before picking up the big one from softball practice. When we got home I pattied their burgers (they still haven't fallen prey to the yummy goodness of shrimp - oh well, more for me!). While I was putting the cheese on their burgers, I threw my skewers on and let them cook while I prepped the girls' plates. Then I grabbed them off the grill after turning them a few times... they smelled amazing!!!


Add in my sides and it was a perfect summer dinner with minimal sweat! I forgot to start the beans before the burgers, so they will be part of tonight's dinner plans. And for those wondering, those are Blue Corn Chips. They are on plan in moderation, but I think I had about 6 and they were the satisfying crunch I needed to complete my meal.


I just can't say enough about this simple dish. Honestly, almost every recipe we have tried lately has been fantastic. It's crazy what you might find when you step outside your comfort zone!

I forgot to share the recipe from the other night too. We had Blackened Chicken with Cilantro Lime Quinoa. More amazingly yummy goodness and this one even got kid approval!


A little side note here... The linked pics and recipes go directly to the site where I found the recipe. I do not want to give the false idea that I come up with these recipes or even take these pics. If there is a link, then the pic is from the blog and just a visual link to the rest of the info on their page. I don't want to steal or plagiarize... I love that these amazing bloggers share their knowledge and skills, otherwise I would be idea-less for dinner most nights! And you can obviously tell my images from the pros... they get full credit for this images and recipes/ideas.

With that said... tonight is a repeat meal. Mozzarella Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts - the link can be found on this post. This time we are pairing them with homemade sweet potato fries and garlic parmesan green beans. I told The Hubby that I'm scared as to what winter will bring. Our unlimited access to fresh fruits and veggies will be highly limited. I'm sad just thinking about it!

Comments

  1. Looks delish! I love shrimp! So quick and easy and super healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts