Rollin On Over the Hump


And it's only Wednesday!! It's just really been one of those weeks. Monday I was cranky and frustrated. Yesterday was awful! Anything that could go wrong seemed to do so. I forgot my dinner at home and had class last night. Plus, both Monday and Tuesday were so busy that I've barely had time for a potty break, let alone time to get out for my walk. I managed to escape at lunch on Monday, but yesterday was impossible! Then I had a few things go wrong with the project I was working on...

By noon I shut my office door and hid from the rest of the world. I was so crabby I didn't even want to be alone with myself. No way was I subjecting others to that!

There was a good reason for yesterday's mood though. I had my follow up appointment with my ortho doc about my collarbone/shoulder pain. He reviewed my CT scan and basically told me there was nothing he could do for me. He didn't see any reason for the pain on the scans and didn't have any answers for fixing it. He suggested the same thing they all suggest - rest, stretching and anti-inflammatories - but that was about it. It was everything I had to keep it together and not cry right then and there. He did suggest I see their spine team to have my neck assessed, so at least he did try.

{30 second whining rant begins now. Skip over if you like!}

I'm really tired of being a medical mystery. Daily pain sucks! Not knowing why you have it or where it is coming from is beyond frustrating. Especially when no one knows how to treat it successfully. My side isn't fixed and still creates issues when I do something cardio intensive and now this! With all of the modern technology, it's so hard for me to believe that my issues are so hard to figure out. Plus, I have my doubts about the spine team finding issues with my neck since I see the chiropractor every other week. Who knows!! I firmly believe that one day they will link off of the different aches and pains together and figure out a way to treat them. Boy, wouldn't that be nice?!?

{Rant over!}

So, I was frustrated and crabby yesterday when i got to work. Then things kept going wrong and my mood kept going down down down! Thankfully, today is a much better, happier day! I'll just keep on keepin on! Plus, it's Wednesday! We're on the downward path to the end of the week.

Today I went for my afternoon walk, and I even talked my work neighbor into joining me. I've found that these walks really help with my mood too. Karate is on the agenda as well. Tomorrow and Friday I plan to shake it up a bit with a walk at work and then trying out either Yoga or Thai Cheng through the BeachBody. I'm hoping that one of those forms of workouts may help with my muscle tightness and, eventually, some of my pain. Plus, now that I know my karate form and 1-steps, I can work on those at home as well.

The Disney trip is getting closer and closer. Just 36 days to go!!! At this point, I'll be happy to lose enough weight to not register a massive gain when we get back, after all of the yummy goodies we will have at our fingertips there. But I'm not giving up! I have 30+ days before I need to go shopping for clothes for the trip. I will keep plugging along!

Comments

Popular Posts