A Setback is Just a Challenge!



Setback suck, but I'll rise to the challenge! They're just another aspect of life, right? Eventually the inability to eat will lend a helping hand in my battle with the scale.

Yesterday I had a lot of ache around where I had that tooth extracted. Today, when I woke up, the pain had traveled up my jaw and into my ear. I knew that wasn't right, so I made an appointment to see my oral surgeon this morning. At least I got lucky there. They got me in right away this morning. That's where my luck stopped. Short story... there's no quick recovery for this chicky. Dry socket means they packed the hole from the extraction with clove soaked gauze pieces. That was a super pleasant experience. HA! I left in more pain than I went in with.

So, I'm back on pain meds, slowly sipping protein shakes for my meals so the liquid doesn't wash away the packing and trying not to get intensely frustrated. It was one thing to not be able to be physically active and workout or go to karate. It's something completely different not being able to eat!! I love food!!!

That's where we're at today. Thankfully I did this procedure this month so I'm not dealing with all of this crap on our trip! I want to be able to enjoy some of the goodies in Disney while we're gone. Let's all be honest... I know I'm going to overindulge. I'm just hoping that all of the walking and laughing burns and equal number of calories!

For now I'll enjoy the tiny morsels of food I can enjoy and keep reminding myself that this is just a little bit of assistance in getting me past my sugar cravings!


Comments

Popular Posts