New Week... New Recipes!

This morning I was frustrated. It's no different than most Monday mornings. The scale showed my weight was up because I actually had a life this weekend. I wasn't horrible, but I wasn't on plan at all. I was angry that my body seems to punish me when I don't eat 1200 calories or less made up of straight protein.

Then I took a deep breath and decided to not let it get me down. I didn't eat great this weekend. My body sucks and is highly affected by carbs and sugars. I know that and I need to put on my big girl pants and own it.

So... I ate my salad with grilled turkey, drank my water and then went for a lunch time walk in the misty rain.


It is crazy how much better in instantly felt. I have a renewed motivation and my smile is back. I'll just keep on keepin' on. If nothing else, I'm going to tone up my legs by walking the hills on campus!!

The motivation carried right over into meal planning for the week. The Hubby and I had already made our plans for tonight's meal on the drive home last night, so I needed to finalize the rest of the week.

Monday - Blackened Chicken w/Cilantro Lime Quinoa - We've made this one a lot and it's a family favorite!

Tuesday - Left over chicken & quinoa for me since I have class from 5:30-9pm on campus.

Wednesday - Parmesan Dijon Chops w/Sweet Potato Fries & Green Beans

Thursday - Bunless Burgers w/Bacon Wrapped Asparagus & Cauli-Tots (or Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin I'll leave that one up to The Hubby)

Friday - Single Serve Lasagna in a Bowl w/Salad (No one else to feed but me this night!)

The menu is all set, my motivation is back on track... this is going to be a good week. Last week I ended up working out 5 out of 6 days. Yesterday was pretty low key and we ended up watching the Packers get beat pretty bad. I got my week off to a good start today with my lunchtime walk and plan on doing karate on Wednesday and Thursday. My body is hurting, but it's better than sitting at home doing nothing!! Plus, it's way more fun.

Comments

Popular Posts