Less Than 50 To Go - How The Disney Planning Is Going

Less than 50 days until we are taking flight. EEK!! I feel so unprepared!


At least the "lists" are mostly done. I have a list of what I have yet to do, to make, to buy, to pack... Oh, and don't forget my list of lists! Yes, I'm that person. When it comes to trips and planning, I'm a wee bit OCD. That's probably a good thing, since my kids would rather pack their travel bags with candy and craft supplies. Someone has to be on the ball with the clothes and necessities, right?

We actually will be boarding a plane in just under 49 days! Emmy Lou and Abbycakes have never flown. One seems pretty excited, while the other is already a nervous wreck. All three of us ladies have never seen the ocean. Two of us are super excited and that same one is a major Nervous Nelly (she's petrified of sharks and swears one will come get her if she goes in the water). Then there's The Hubby... as a Marine, he's traveled far more than the three of us combined, so he will be our "calm and calculating adult" who will get us from Point A to Point B in a timely and safe manner.

I told The Hubby last night that I've studied harder for this trip than I have for any college course I've ever taken! Each night is spent scouring the internet for info, checking our itinerary to see how new ideas will fit into our plans, looking up prices for our adventures to the beach, reading "Top 10 Tips for..." That last one has ended with the name of just about every place you can go in Disney, plus Universal Studios and a few odds and ends in between! Yeah, I'm slightly obsessed and a bit overwhelmed.

Yes, I'm doing it to myself, but I'm a planner, so I feel more overwhelmed if I'm not doing something. Therefore, I thought I'd share some of my favorite bits of information that I've found so far.

First... everything I've found is pinned on my Pinterest board - Disney Trip

Now let's start with a list of the items I want to make (some with and some without the girls) before we leave:

  • Mickey/Minnie Ears - I liked this site and this site for ideas
  • Autograph Books - We are still deciding which style we like, but to keep it simple it's down to this or this.
  • T-shirts (one group set - still deciding on the design - and then a couple different ones for the girls like this or this.)
  • Personalized Water Bottles - I like this idea, but I'm still looking. I've been talking to a friend of a friend about this particular project and might just order it through her. If I do, I'll share her info once we order!
  • Customized "Pressed Penny" Containers - I love this cool idea for keeping the penny pressing stuff together!
  • Ribbons/Bows - I'll share these once they are done, but I want a couple for their hair since my girls are still really into fun, crazy bows. I also want to be able to tie up their sleeves if it gets warm and they are in t-shirts.

There you have it! Can you tell we love to craft in our house? I'll share our project results as we get them done. This weekend I'll try to focus on the shirts I want to surprise them with and their bows since they will be with their dad on Sunday. I'm also hoping to start packing some of their summer outfits, since we aren't exactly using them in our sub-zero temperatures! Hurry up March!

Outside of the trip, I'm feeling a bit more like myself today. There's still pain, but at least it's not the whole left side of my face. Food is still highly intimidating since it hurts to chew. Liquids are a tad bit of a challenge because I want to keep from washing out the stuff crammed up into my jaw on the left side. My awesome hubby even ran to the store for me last night to buy me a squirt bottle for my water so I can drink more. It's still a bit of a challenge and I've probably only drank about 25oz all day. *sigh* At least the scale finally rewarded me for my misery! We'll see what the doc's scale says tomorrow afternoon. EEK!!

Happy Hump Day!!

Comments

Popular Posts