Down She Goes! And I Don't Mean The Scale!


Weight loss... a series of ups and downs. Yup, that's me!! Today would be a down day, and I'm not talking about the number on the scale. Actually, I've had a rough go of it for the past few days. Last minute schedule changes, failure to plan ahead, lack of adequate food and sick kiddos cancelling out my grocery shopping trip... all resulted in me flat out having no willpower to overcome it. *sigh*

Today was a new day, till someone plopped some delicious truffles on our office counter. EEK!! Yeah, they were my breakfast. Lunch has gone better. Actually, it was 100% on plan. Still, I can hear those truffles calling out to me. I can see them running back and forth past my office door saying, "Come and get me!!" Darn those little blobs of goodness and their play on my competitiveness! Two were even dropped on the end of my desk. Those two are whispering sweet nothings at me. GAHHHHHH!!!!

Long and short of it... I've been weak!

NO MORE!! I gave the sweet, little goodies to my cubbie neighbor (sorry neighbor!!) and texted my hubby to check out the Beach Body workouts to see what he can suggest for me to do. I need to do SOMETHING!


I've heard that a person is more likely to stick to a plan if they make one - okay, I can do that - and also if they tell others, so there is a sense of accountability. I'll give it a shot.

We have 44 days until we leave for vacation. I have about 40 days to make a solid difference in how my clothes fit before I must pack. I can give it 100% for 40 days.

So, here's the plan...
  1. Food - pre-plan meals & shop ahead of time. No more last minute errors!!
  2. Drink - zero Diet Coke (I've been having some here and there)... Only water and the occasional Bulletproof Coffee (THM, protein packed coffee)
  3. Exercise - here's the biggest part of my plan! Exercise DAILY! I don't care if it hurts. I can't hurt my collarbone any worse than it does and I won't be correcting the issue anytime soon due to my trip. So, it's time to live with the pain as much as possible! 
Here's my complete exercise plan:

I am NOT a morning person. I would much rather stay up until 12 or 1am than get up at 5am. That's not going to work for what I have planned. It's time to make myself a morning person! I plan to get up at 5:15am, walk out into my living room and hit play on whatever workout I planned to do the night before. I'll give it my all for 30-60 minutes and then go about my day. Some of those mornings may consist of just going through my karate one-steps and forms, while others will be more of a variety. We'll see what I can handle with my collarbone/shoulder and what I can't! I'll also be going to karate two nights a week. If, by chance, the pain gets too intense to do workouts that use my arms, I'll focus on stretching and walking, but I WILL get at least 30 minutes of activity in, daily, for 40 days!

I'm really not good at being bored. I am more likely to make poor choices when I'm sitting around doing nothing. It's how I'm wired. Bored? Eat! Tired? Eat! Frustrated? Eat! You get the point.

So, for the pre-planning part, here's our dinner menu for the week. Tonight is a bit off because I start classes for my MBA tonight and they are on campus, so bare with me!

Tuesday - Protein Shake (meal 1) and Apple w/Greek Yorgurt (meal 2)

Wednesday - Eggs & Sausage

Thursday - Skinny Shrimp Scampi on Not Naughty Noodles (recipe choice to be determined)

Friday - Bunless Burgers with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus & Side Salad

I am getting the running bug again. It happens every year about this time. I'll give the weather a bit more time to become a tiny bit more runner friendly (although today would be a gorgeous day to run). Plus, my doc wants me focusing on strength training and flexibility to help boost my metabolism and hopefully prevent further injuries in the near future.

There you have it! Today I'm getting up off my keester and walking as much as I can. I am choosing to go to the farthest bathroom away from my office on my floor. I might have to start heading down to the first floor once in a while too! I'm on campus from 7:40am till 9:00pm today, but that will not be a good enough excuse not to get the full 10,000 steps today! I'll just have to get 99% of them before class starts at 5:30!

Since I wasted my lunch typing this, I'll have get out for a good 15-minute walk for an afternoon break. Like I said, it's a good day for it!

Funny... just like that I feel like I'm headed back up the side of the next hill!

Comments

Popular Posts