Lazy Lazy Weekend!

The past four days have consisted of a lot of couch time and snuggle time with my equally lazy kitty!


But I'm back in the game today! I wanted to throw my phone against the wall when my alarm went off at 6:15 this morning, but that would have cost me far more than it was worth in the end.

I survived the weekend without any major breakdowns in willpower. I did eat a couple of my girls' chicken nuggets and a handful of fries on our way to the college hockey game on Saturday, but I stopped at that. More on that shortly...

So, as I said in my last post, the procedure went well. That first day I was flat out HANGRY! I ate at about 6pm the night before, so my greek yogurt at 5:30 on Thursday was absolutely amazing! Friday went a little better, but my pain meds cause my stomach to but upset, so I felt like I was just trading one misery for the other and cut way back on the pain meds.

Saturday was the real test. Abbycakes's hockey team was scheduled to skate during intermission of the UMD Lady Bulldogs hockey game. She was excited, but a hot, freaking mess! Major mom error... I let her spend the night at a friend's house the night before. Late night, sleeping in a strange place, and up somewhat early to play again the next morning and my critter was a puddle by Saturday afternoon. So, I'm sure all you moms out there can figure out this equation: Mom in pain - pain pills + overtired, overemotional six-year-old + equally over-tired big sister = ???? Anyone want to take a guess??

In Emmy Lou's defense, she was actually in good spirits. She was exhausted, but in good spirits. Since Abbycakes was away at a friend's house for the night, Emmy Lou had her BFF over for the night at our house. Can I just say that two fourth grade girls are so stinking easy!! I just made sure they had access to Emmy Lou's electronics (for music), the Wii (for entertainment), pedi/mani supplies and whatever crafts or experiments Emmy Lou got for Christmas. The only thing we heard all night was giggles and the only time they would call on an adult was to eat or ask permission for something outside of the items listed above.

When Abbycakes arrived home on Saturday afternoon, it was like someone walked up to my pretty, perfect chalkboard drawing and wiped all over it with their bare hands! Six year old girls are the exact opposite of fourth grade girls!

Anyway... we did finally make it to the hockey game and the girls had a blast. We even stayed after to get autographs from the team. Here are a couple of highlight shots from the game.

#13 is my Lil' Chipper

Abbycakes in the white helmet

Abbycakes and a teammate having a little fun with Champ!

My poor girls were WIPED OUT by the time we got home and settled down. Not one complaint at bedtime and they both slept in a bit on Sunday. WOOHOO!!
Yesterday was a lazy Sunday for everyone. I finished season six of Downton Abbey finally! The girls and I watched the 5th Harry Potter movie, so they only have three more to go before our trip in March. Although, I did manage to do a load of laundry! Yay me!!

Unfortunately, even though I've barely eaten anything for the past four days, the scale didn't get the memo and showed zero loss in weight. *sigh* There is one silver lining to not being able to each much though... my stomach shrunk a bit, so I can't eat a lot now. YAY again! It's the little things in life.

You'd think I would have spent my free time planning menus or something equally constructive, but I'll be honest. I was just a lazy bum. I finally made a plan last night before bed. Ambitious aren't I?

Monday - Eggs & Sausage for dinner with Cottage Berry Whip (pg 374 of the THM Cookbook) for an after dinner snack
Tuesday - Bunless burgers with green beans & Mini Nacho Stuffed Peppers 
                         We might try this Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers recipe too... I'm undecided

Wednesday - Eggs & Sausage on Welcome Back Waffles (pg 263 of the THM Cookbook)

Thursday - Low Carb Cheese Stuffed Meatballs on Dreamfield's Pasta w/a side salad (we use real mozzarella instead of string cheese for these, but it works either way)

Friday - Bagel Dogs (THM friendly) with Sweet Potato Fries & a side salad

There you have it... I did do SOMETHING while I was being a lazy bum. Now to send The Hubby off to the store to collect all of the items for this rockin menu!!

Comments

Popular Posts