From Humps to Hurdles!

Today I cleared my first hurdle of 2017. I hit the 10 pound weight loss mark! WOOHOO!! I'm still such a headcase that I'm struggling to celebrate the success. I still see it as a failure that I had to lose this 10 pounds, AGAIN, to begin with. Then again, the name of the blog is Mama Needs A New Pair Of Pants... AGAIN!

Speaking of pants, I'm even wearing jeans I haven't been able to wear since fall! Double WOOHOO! After my mental breakdown and frustration on Monday, I really needed this. My daily workouts are definitely paying off.


But that's not all folks!


I can actually put a check mark next to each of these after 25 days of being back on track (with a couple hiccups). As I said above, my jeans fit good today. I noticed this week that my work clothes are also slowly starting to feel much better. I have more energy... therefore, I am able to get in more workouts. Funny how those two go hand in hand.

My endurance is slowly improving on my walks. Karate still kicks my butt {pun intended} and I feel out of shape, but that will come with time. The extra workouts are a big help at bed time. Isleep hard these days. The Hubby can testify to how fast I fall asleep at night too - often with my book still in my hand.

I feel much healthier overall! My headaches have backed off and they were almost daily. If I do get one, it is easily managed, which wasn't the case a month ago. I don't feel bloated all the time. Basically, all of those sugar withdrawal feelings are GONE! As for those cravings from the first week... They are SO much better! I even survived this time around without the crutch of THM goodies. It wasn't the easiest way to go about it, but I feel good about my current status! It's just so hard getting over the hump when your in the midst of it.

So, I thought I would report on what I'm doing differently this time around. These were the goals I posted last Tuesday:
  1. Food - pre-plan meals & shop ahead of time. No more last minute errors!!
  2. Drink - zero Diet Coke (I've been having some here and there)... Only water and the occasional Bulletproof Coffee (THM, protein packed coffee)
  3. Exercise - here's the biggest part of my plan! Exercise DAILY! I don't care if it hurts. I can't hurt my collarbone any worse than it does and I won't be correcting the issue anytime soon due to my trip. So, it's time to live with the pain as much as possible! 
So far, I've been pretty spot on, except for Saturday and Sunday at the cabin.
  • Food - I've been pre-planning our weekly menus and packing my lunches the night before so there is little room left for excuses.
  • Drink - My water intake is up over 100oz per day, so I'm happy with that. I still need to work on water intake on the weekends.
  • Exercise - Since last Tuesday I have exercised 8 out of the last 11 days. Not the every day workout I had planned when I set my goal, but my Fitbit is set at a goal of 5 times per week.
My workouts have also varied.
    • Tuesday - Lunch walk at work (I have class on Tuesdays, so I'm on campus from about 7:45am till 9:00pm
    • Wednesday - Karate
    • Thursday - Lunch walk at work - about a mile and a half
    • Saturday - Karate
    • Monday - Lunch walk at work
    • Wednesday - Lunch walk at work and karate
    • Thursday - Lunch walk at work and karate workout at home
    • Friday - Lunch walk at work with every intention of winding down with yoga tonight
I'm pretty proud of my progress with my workouts. I now have my co-worker joining me about half the time for my work walks. It feels good to get up and move around, even on the really busy days. I feel refreshed!

Here's to a good weekend and a second chance at Weekend Willpower!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts