Easier Said Than Done

I'm eating my words about this post-surgery food thing being easy. Thankfully I'm not literally eating my words, but it's a struggle. When I am in pain or sick I crave comfort foods. All I can think about is a McDonald's chocolate shake and fries! UGH! Good thing I can't drive.



The meanest part is that I'm stuck at home, on pain meds and I swear every single commercial is about yummy food! So cruel!

On a good note, my horrible head cold felt much better this morning, after a little extra sleep last night. When I went to bed I was Googling what would happen if I was sick today and many of the answers pointed toward rescheduling my appointment again. I'm so thankful that wasn't the case.

The appointment went smoothly. I had to wait until about 5:30 before the bleeding slowed enough to eat, but when I did, it felt so good to eat my yogurt!! Hangry is a real feeling. I feel much more human now.

I now know that the next few days will be a struggle. The pain hits it's peak between day 3-5. I have meds, but I also have a busy schedule and am alone with my girls on Saturday with things to get done. Tomorrow I am going to plan out all of my meals and snacks and make sure I pack food I can eat while we are out and about. I refuse to give in! I was so tempted today. I was so close to asking The Hubby to swing through drive thru after he picked up the girls from school. I also struggled to avoid grabbing the box of Ritz crackers in the cupboard for Abbycakes's lunch. Thankfully, my willpower hadn't jumped ship on me and I stayed the course.

Speaking of the next few days... Tomorrow is a recovery and work from home day. Dinner will be scrambled eggs and sausage. Saturday afternoon Abbycakes's hockey team gets to skate during intermission of the Lady Bulldogs hockey game - a local college team. She's so excited! Pictures to come, for sure! Dinner will likely be more eggs for me. I'm hoping Sunday I'll be back to somewhat normal food again.

Bring on the weekend!! I will stay strong!





Comments

Popular Posts