A Super Yummy Salad Made My Day!

Here's a sneak peek at the salad that stole the show for me today!


More on that in a moment. First... I set some goals yesterday, so how about I check in on those?

I said I was going to make sure I got 10,000 steps yesterday... NAILED IT!


The Hubby was laughing at me as I was bouncing around our basement before bed trying to get the calories and activity minutes to turn green too. No luck with the activity minutes. Oh well! I did get out on my afternoon break for a 1 mile walk. It's been a long time since I've walked or ran a mile and it felt GREAT! I also hit 10,000 today, so I'm feeling good!

Now, about my antipasto salad!!! It was so good!!!! I've been craving one for weeks, so I stopped after class last night and bought all of the ingredients and then put it together before I finally crashed last night. Here's the recipe I based it off of. Mine included summer sausage, pepperoni, peppercinis, capers, string cheese cut up, black olives, capers, mixed salad and italian dressing. The italian dressing I found is amazing, so I'll have to snag a picture of it to share tomorrow.

I also ate a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with this salad to make sure I had enough protein and stay full. It was exactly what I was craving and I can't wait to have another one tomorrow! This salad totally made my day. Warning, it is high in fat, so while it's on plan, it's definitely an "eat in  moderation" type of salad.

So, day one went good, once I recovered from the truffles. Day two went even better... not one truffle managed to talk it's way into my mouth!. No morning workout today since I had class last night, I'd be a zombie, but I did go to karate and it was "cardio kicks" night. WHEW! It feels good to be moving around. I hurt and am on a steady dose of pain meds, but it's worth it for the mental health and overall happiness!

Tomorrow will be more karate and more antipasto... BRING IT ON!!

Happy Hump Day!!

Comments

Popular Posts