Monday Mumblings and My Meal Plan

It is SO Monday today!! I'm back to feeling overwhelmed, but it's a crazy week and it all started with a crazy morning.

See this fun little bag?


This is the second most important bag in my life. First is my purse... just because it holds the items used to buy the items that go into this bag. Are you following me? This is my "lunch" bag. I use that term loosely because this is my ALL DAY bag. Today it held my coffee creamer, my lunch, my snack and my late snack.

Today is an extra long day. Work, then Daisy Scout meeting, then karate for the kids and finally karate for me and The Hubby. I won't get home until after 8pm, so this cute little bag holds everything to keep me on track for the entire day and I kinda, sorta forgot it at home when I left this morning.

Let me preface by saying I'm SO not a morning person and I KNEW I was forgetting something. Cue Knight In Shining Armor to the rescue. I honestly don't know what I would do without The Hubby. He saves my tail all the time!

Then, walking into work I was beyond irritated by the weather. We had a solid 70 degree swing from Saturday afternoon to Monday morning. Not a good swing either! It was downright bitter cold walking into work this morning. I actually found myself saying this particular meme in my head this morning.


It is definitely Monday! I will not let it get me down!

The weekend was good. Pizza and beer with my parents and their friends on Friday - always a fun bunch and a date day with The Hubby on Saturday all wrapped up with getting my girls a day early yesterday and spending the afternoon and evening with them. Yup, it was a good weekend. The Hubby got his birthday tattoo, or should I say tattoos since he decided to add one while we were waiting for them to draw up the first one.

Military Suicide Awareness - Semi-colon means "the continuation of" as in not the end
IGY6 - I Got Your Six (aka Back)

His compass to keep him going in the right direction - the W & E wrap around
the sides of his forearm

I like how they turned out! He's a happy camper and already planning his next one. I think we'll take a slight break for now since we seem to be on an every 3-6 month schedule right now. Time to save for some other fun stuff! I'm sure we'll both be back in the hot seat sometime within the year though. It really does make birthday and anniversary presents pretty easy for him!

We also joined his family for a surprise 85th birthday lunch for his grandma and then went to a movie and dinner. We get one more kidless Saturday next month and then we have a pretty long break with none in April and finally a date day the third Sunday in May. They seem to come in clumps, so we take advantage when we can!

This week is full of Girl Scout meetings, karate and cookie sales. I think we've acquired a cookie mascot too.

She makes sure the empty boxes are handled correctly...


And protects the full boxes with her body. Yes, there are cookies in that box - I removed her because I was afraid she would melt them!


She definitely keeps things exciting as far as cookie organization... sometimes too exciting when she decides to knock over my array of stacked boxes for each order.

Only a few more weeks and we will be done with this cookie stuff. I can't wait. Sorry, but this many cookies in my house for this many weeks is pure torture. Not to mention the stress of making sure I order the right amount, on time, divide them up to each kid correctly and collect the right amount of money. Don't mind me. The cookie season is wearing on me!

So, with all the chaos this week, it was a simple planning week!

Monday - (Daisy Meeting & Karate for All) The Hubby & Emmy Lou get to choose. I suggested Bunless Burgers to keep it simple, but she wasn't having it, so I told them to figure it out together.

Tuesday - (Kid Karate & Darts with the Ladies) Eggs and Sausage

Wednesday - (Brownie Meeting & Karate for All) Shrimp for The Hubby and I. I believe we have the girls, so they will probably get pancakes and bacon

Thursday - (Overtime & Late Karate) Bacon & Cheese Omelet (yeah, eggs are my go-to when I'm home alone, plus I'm working late)

Friday - Chicken of some sort - Chef's Choice since we have everyone home again!

Emmy Lou and I have a Cookie Booth and Emmy Lou, Kenziebug, The Hubby and I all test for our next belt this weekend to wrap up the busy week. Being this busy has one major plus to it... I have no time to eat out of boredom! Work is even busy. I'm excited for Ladies Night though!


Comments

Popular Posts