Day 15 of 25 - Happy February!



I can't believe it's already February! Let's hope the rest of this winter goes as quickly. This is the time of year for us, way up north, to freeze our hineys off or be buried in 20 feet of snow... or both! I'd be just fine if we moved directly to spring!!

So, huge NSV for me... I finally didn't eat my way through the weekend! It's been a while since I've been able to admit that particular feat and I'm extremely proud! It was a super busy weekend, so I consider it a complete success that I didn't just cave and fill the void with drive thru when necessary.

We had a super fun weekend though. Saturday we had all four kids. I took my two girls to a birthday friend for a friend and watched them run around and have a blast at the arcade. We even played a bit of mini golf and took turns in the batting cages. I have one big girl who is excited for the softball season to get here this year!

Can I just say that if my youngest ever asks for bangs again, I may just scream! This set lasted about a week before she wanted them gone. Her suggestion... "Let's just cut them off Mommy."


Right after we wrapped up the birthday party, we ran home, grabbed the rest of the family and headed to Girl Scout Night with the Lady Bulldogs. We try to go every year and it's always a good time. It was a good, close game and the kids had fun. Emmy Lou happened to be in the right place at the right time and was picked to be that night's Kid of the Game!! Talk about one happy critter! Mom was pretty pumped too. We got to go back through the player area of the new rink... Oh my are those locker rooms to die for! It was a pretty cool experience to say the least.


Sunday we all jumped in the car and went for a family skate to keep the hockey theme rolling! We officially have all three girls skating without the use of a trainer!! Super proud Mama & Papa Bear! Our little guy still needs more practice before he's ready to fly solo, but he had fun pushing the trainer around the rink.

Aren't you curious about what they were discussing here?!?

I wrapped up the weekend shopping with my best friend. It's been too long since we've had more than an hour or so together, so a girls day was very needed. Plus, I absolutely love shopping now. I never thought I'd EVER say something like that! 

Plus we spent the weekend getting the little man of the house ready to be Friend of the Week at school this week. He told me he had to have a karate picture to bring with, so I had him put on his karate uniform so he could show off how close he is to his yellow belt (soooo close)!


Needless to say, it was a busy weekend, plus we have one sick kid and two sick parents as of this morning. The Hubby and I are pushing through it and #3 of the sick kids seems to be on the downward path with her's as well. JackJack seems to be the only one who has managed to avoid being sick at our house.

So, it's a new week!! For those who don't know this, it's Catholic School week! That's a big deal for my kids, since it means a week of fun events at school. I got to run over at lunch and watch my two girls perform for the first time with the Twirling club. So cute! They also have a read-a-thon this week, a hula hoop contest and so much more!

As for me... No Girl Scout meetings this week, but we have karate, a Girl Scout event, some computer time for Mama to get some much needed editing done. We need to order some pictures to hang up in the now-finished basement! And we are all prepared for the week!

Meal planning was a bit of a struggle, but looks a bit like this...

Monday - Tacos
Tuesday - Eggs & Pancakes
Wednesday - Chicken of the Cook's Choice
Thursday - Protein Shake as an early dinner and Cottage Berry Whip for a light late dinner (working late and have late karate)
Friday - Bunless Burgers with Mozzarella Sticks
Saturday - Chicken Pasta of the Kids' Choice - Will they try something new? Or go for something out of the THM Keepers board on Pinterest???

Oh... and one more NSV before I go... The Hubby hid the scale, so I haven't weighed since Saturday morning. It's killing me, but I'll survive. I guess I can't say it's a victory if he actually had to hide it on me, but I also haven't threatened his life or tried to coerce him into returning it to it's rightful place!

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts