Day 18 of 28 - No Weigh Man!!

Like how I did that?? *grins* I did it! I made it all week without weighing once. I even had The Hubby dig it out of it's hiding place while I was out of sight last night, so I can weigh tomorrow morning. So, I could have weighed this morning, but kept myself reigned in. Yay me!

I'm nervous! I hate not knowing. Part of me feels like I have more control over it when I can weigh often, but that's a load of bull. The reality of it is that the scale messes with my head. I can't believe how much I've missed it and thought about my weight this week. That's so not healthy, so I'm truly hoping I can break that habit during the next couple of months.

I'm doing what everyone says...

  • Pay attention to your body.
  • How do you clothes fit?
  • How do you feel?
  • It's not about a number, but about healing on the inside.
I get all of this, but I think this week has made it a bit harder. Being sick, I'll answer those questions honestly...
  • I am paying attention to my body, but I'm so exhausted!
  • My clothes fit a bit better, but all I want to wear is oversized, snuggly, warm clothes because I'm so cold ALL.THE. TIME. I seriously wear a fleece jacket and a fluffy blanket all day at work!
  • I feel like crap! {insert pathetic smile here} I'm not complaining, this is part of life, but I'm tired, don't have much of an appetite and everything hurts - my chest, my ribs, my face. Coughing sucks after having two kids. Those moms out there reading this totally understand what I'm talking about!
  • Yes, I'm healing from the inside and honestly, I can tell I'm eating better. The acne has diminished and my cycles have returned again. It's crazy how sensitive my body is to this way of eating vs. the way I was eating.
So, yes, there is more to it than the scale, but we are a culture that thrives on instant gratification! I've come to realize how very NOT different I am there.

Tomorrow is Friday and no matter what the scale says, it'll be a great day! My girls come home and we have the weekend together. And a low key one at that! I will kick this bug, I will get caught up on the laundry that I haven't had the energy to do, and we will enjoy some quality girl time (with The Hubby thrown in one day for good measure). 

Today is my day full of appointments at work. I asked my boss if I should be concerned that two out of three of my appointments this morning have case numbers that include 666? Then I picked up the phone to call the first one and Eye of the Tiger came on Pandora. Yup, I've got this! Thursday and this cold ain't got nothin on me! I've got my cooler full of THM-friendly food, I've had my morning cup of go-go juice with homemade creamer, and my cold meds are kicking in! I'll grab the girl from school this evening and drop them off at karate for their dad to pick up, let the dogs out and then work a couple of hours of overtime. Thursdays are usually my long days, but that's okay because tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

It's also Thirsty Thursday, so.... CHEERS! Drink up!



Comments

Popular Posts