30 Days to Go and a Birthday Shout Out


Yesterday was another totally on track day. Today is looking the same. But first things first...


And as he would quickly pipe up... he's still not as old as me. Welcome to your mid-30's dear! They promise to be happier and healthier than your mid-20's for sure!

I love knowing that I'm actually getting healthier as I get older. I was so unhealthy and unhappy in my 20s. I know that my amazing husband would agree that he was the same - even if at some point during them he was in great physical shape, we have a very similar past with a horrible history of poor emotional and mental health in those early years of adulthood. Good thing is... that's all in the past and we can both agree that our 30's have been much healthier on all fronts! We are both also a work in progress.

I couldn't imagine doing Trim Healthy Mama and changing my lifestyle as much as I have without his help and support. He's always there to help pick me up when I'm down. He cooks 90% of the dinners. We make an awesome team when it comes to planning, prepping and executing and if he wasn't on board with me, this would never work. He's also my rock and my sounding board and he feels I provide the same for him.

So, here we both are, heading down the backside of our 30's and feeling better than we did 10 years ago. We get out and enjoy life, each other and our kids. I'm looking forward to plowing into our 40's and more together because I don't see us slowing down anytime soon! To prove my point, he's currently training for his first post-op Strong Man competition in July. It's been a few years since his last competition, but I see him coming back stronger than ever!

To celebrate his birthday, we're planning to have Cheesy Enchiladas (which I believe I shared on yesterday's blog) and individual cakes! I want everyone to be able to enjoy a treat tonight, so keeping it THM friendly means The Hubby and I won't feel guilty about our splurge, Abbycakes and Emmy Lou can enjoy a treat without breaking their Lent goals and Kenziebug and Jack Jack can still have a yummy sweet treat! Everyone wins!

I love this blog! Briana has some of the best recipes! I'm grabbing her 5-Ingredient Single Serving Cake recipe and whipping up a batch of  Peanut Butter Whip for the topping on each. It's a bit richer than we usually do for desserts, but I'll let it slide since it's a special occasion. If we pull this off, which I completely believe we will, this will be our first 100% on plan birthday since starting THM. Huge success there! Of course, we plan to enjoy a couple of drinks and dinner out on Saturday, but we're not turning it into an excuse for a 5-day binge! Throw in karate classes for the fam and we'll be able to write this off as a very successfully celebrated birthday! Right hun?


Comments

Popular Posts