Day 17 of 28 - Blog Share Wednesday!

How's everyone's day going? Here's a quick glance into mine...


Awesome huh?! We're into the second half of the week and solidly into the second week of this darn cold. Although, I know I'm not alone by the sounds of the hallways here at work and overwhelming number of sickness updates posted on Facebook. I hope that stinking little critter was right yesterday and we can move into warmer weather, air out the house and have everyone in the house healthy at one time again. But alas... it's that time of year. I wouldn't expect any less than sickness and cabin fever.

Since I feel like a big ol slug and I am trying to come up with a plan of attack for starting Emmy Lou on the THM path next week, I thought I would share a bit today. I have a few go-to blogs that I have found super helpful since starting this journey last summer. They have plenty of good recipes, motivational pictures and, well, just lots of fun stuff!

The first one is Briana Thomas's blog. She's a young woman who started on THM over a year ago and found ways to enjoy food to the greatest extents! She shares tons of her recipes on her blog. I've tried a few, have several pinned and can't wait to try more. She even has a few menu plans posted for ideas.

The second one was probably the first blog that I was directed to after I started THM. Mrs. Criddles Kitchen was where I was introduced to my first THM dessert that I fell in love with... Cowboy Cookies. I quickly learned that she had a lot of THM words of wisdom and often find myself heading over there for ideas and inspiration.

The third share is not just one blog, but the link to my Pinterest THM boards. I have so many drinks, meals, snacks, desserts, and everything in between posted on those boards and add more daily. So many of the recipes lead to blogs that are beyond helpful and offer inspiration when you need it most. Either way, feel free to check it out, follow it, or re-pin some recipes for later. 

THM Drinks & Desserts - I post recipes I want to try as well as recipes that I have already tried here. Pretty soon I'll need to start separating them out so I can remember which ones we've tried and liked versus which ones we have yet to sample!

THM Keepers - These are the recipes we have tried at home and enjoyed enough to put them on the "keeper" list to try again. Trust me, there have been some that haven't made the cut, but I'm happy, and slightly surprised to tell you that more make the cut than not!

THM Tips & Recipes to Try - This is a continually updated board of THM-friendly or THM-optional (meaning I can make it THM-friendly with a few tweaks) recipes that I find across the world wide web, or on simple Pinterest searches. I'm always adding new pins, so be sure to follow it or check back for the latest and greatest recipes we hope to try.

I'll be doing a bit of reorganizing over the next couple of weeks, so things might change a bit, but since The Hubby and I use the boards as a shared cookbook, I want to keep it as user friendly as possible. Plus, I'll be adding more kid friendly ideas for Emmy Lou over the next few weeks as well. Can I just say how much I love Pinterest?!?! Best invention EVER!

I hope you all enjoy today's shares and find some inspiration or ideas for new meals to try. Finding other ideas and pinning them, for me, really makes meal planning super easy! We get at least one vote from the kids for one meal during the week, grab a couple tried and trues from the THM Keepers folder, one from the THM Tips & Recipes and then fall back on the simplicity of something like eggs or burgers another day and POOF! A dinner menu for the week in less than 10 minutes. I'm all about simplicity when it comes to planning and prepping with THM. If it was hard, let's face it... it's far easier to just give up!

Comments

Popular Posts