Day 23 of 28 - It's Fat Tuesday!!


Well, it's finally here! In year's past I've been the chairperson for the Mardi Gras committee at the girls' school. This year I felt my plate was too full after taking on the two Girl Scout troops, so I passed the torch. I haven't been as involved, but I've still been part of the planning and prepping. My big pre-event project was one of the games. I enlisted my dad's help and broke out my paint brushes and finished up at about 9pm last night!

TA-DAHHHHHH!!!!


In past years, we've used a cardboard box with holes poked in it, so I'm excited to see this one in use this year. We upgraded a bunch of games this year and it should be a super fun, but exhausting night! I'm super happy a good friend stepped up to fill the role as chairperson this year and is rocking the job. There's no way I could have put in the time this year. Although I'm excited to watch all of the kids enjoy the event!

So, with today being Fat Tuesday... That means tomorrow is the first day of Lent and I'll be packing Emmy Lou a THM-friendly lunch for tomorrow and helping her make a THM-friendly breakfast. I'll put a little reminder note in her lunchbox about which items are for lunch and which items are for snack. Then she'll give me feed back as we make her lunch that evening for the next day. She's excited. It's actually pretty cute. Stay tuned because I'll have a menu and recipes to share tomorrow as I tell more about our plans for Emmy Lou's first week on THM.

With the likelihood of her developing PCOS and similar female issues as I have, I am hopeful that she enjoys this so that it's not as much of a struggle to make good choices as she matures and moves into the next stage in her life. I know it will help to limit the processed stuff and sugars. Overall, we have decreased the amount of processed items we feed all of the kids, so this won't be a huge shock to her. The sweet treats on the other hand... No "treat out of the bucket" for a while!

I have five days left in the current challenge I made for myself. I'm still doing pretty good. Sunday was rough, but I'm right back on track. I had to plan ahead with not being home tonight until around 9pm, but it's all good. I have a big lunch box! Then back to business as usual tomorrow with a Girl Scout meeting after work and then karate for everyone. I'll finally get home around 8:30 tomorrow night. Things will eventually slow down... just not this month!


Comments

Popular Posts