Taco Tuesday!!

The kids have been wanting tacos, so this weekend they had regular tacos. I'm not a huge fan, but... I am a fan of shrimp and the kids are not. I'll give them credit... they try it, but we have yet to get one to jump ship to the love of all things shrimp side of life. Oh well! More for me!

When we don't have kids for dinner, like tonight, The Hubby and I usually plan a shrimp dinner. We have some tried and true recipes, but today I wanted to shake it up a bit. He's been travelling all day, so I'm on dinner duty and I wanted to show off my skills. I might add right here that I really don't like to cook. I don't mind baking, but I'm just not patient enough to cook. Does that even make sense? Yes, I'm weird. I think we've already established that though. *grins*

So, today's trial recipe is Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos. I do believe that all four words in that recipe scream delicious! Seriously though, don't these look amazing?!?


Of course, I have to make a couple of changes to make it THM friendly. The cool thing about shrimp is that it is pretty universal. It can be cooked and eaten alone in a Fuel Pull (FP) meal, made in a low-fat format with brown rice or quinoa and it's an E(nergizing) meal, or you can make it in butter or cream sauce and enjoy it over Dreamfields Pasta for an S(atisfying) meal. So many, many options! This one we will keep low fat and higher carb and enjoy as an E meal. First, the shells will be low-carb tortillas that I will bake to make them hard shells (maybe... or my laziness may end up leaving them as soft shells, guess we'll find out). Second, I'll use low-fat sour cream and a very small portion to keep my fat grams under the limit for an E meal. I'm really focusing on making sure we aren't accidentally making crossover meals (too high in fat to be an E, but too high in carbs to be an S). I believe that was part of my error as we started to play more with our recipes on plan. So, I'll add a side of cilantro lime brown rice and I do believe this recipe could be a huge success! 

I love when I get excited to eat dinner while I'm blogging and eating my lunch! One thing will never, ever change. I love food!! I'm just super excited (still) to have found a way to love food, but lose weight while loving it. Tomorrow I'll have my report if we add this one to the Keepers board or toss it back into the world of Pinterest for someone else to try. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts