Let's Push That Big Ol Reset Button!

Picture me banging my flat hand on that button over and over again today. I'm so glad to be done with the holiday weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love the time with family and the food was delicious... but that was the past. I've hit reset and I'm ready to roll! So far, day one back on track is going pretty well. A little hungrier than usual, but manageable. 

It really was a crazy few days, with celebrations, meals out, snack skipped. I decided to start turning it around yesterday and took The Hubby and two of the kiddos to the YMCA and swam some laps. It wasn't as hard to return this time as it was after my last break from swimming, but it wasn't easy either! I was struggling with my breathing, so I kept making myself light headed and dizzy. Oops! In the end I swam eight laps, or 400 yards, which is just shy of a 1/4 mile, in 15 minutes. That works for me! With my dedication geared at karate right now, swimming is my alternate option for my days off and here's the plan for this week...

Monday - Girl Scouts & Karate
Tuesday - The Hubby was scheduled to work a regular day off, so I'll be home with all four after their karate class. We'll call that a rest day for me!
Wednesday - Girl Scouts & Karate
Thursday - Karate
Friday - My nephew's birthday pool party. No laps, but I'll definitely get in and play with the kiddos
Saturday - Swim Laps with my oldest & then play in the pool with both girls before we catch the Christmas Train that night.
Sunday - Karate Belt Testing - This is going to be a LONG day of karate!

So, with that busy schedule, planning meals is crucial, so here's how that looks...

Monday - Lemon Chicken Pasta
Tuesday - Homemade Chicken Dumpling Soup (a low carb version - I hope it turns out!)
Wednesday - Bunless Burgers w/veggies
Thursday - Shrimp (version yet to be determined)
Friday - Pancakes, Eggs & Sausage
Saturday - I'm leaving this one up to the kids. We're baking cookies this day too, so we'll see what everyone is in the mood for.
Sunday - Packing snacks, but having lunch and possibly dinner at the event center

I realize it's time to break out the iPad and start scouring our saved Pinterest recipes and find some new ones to shake things up a bit. We seem to have fallen into a bit of a dinner rut. It's easy to do when you're trying to plan meals that are easy to whip up, but it starts to wear on us too. It's always more fun when we are trying new things and keeping it exciting. This goes for meals too! The Lemon Chicken Pasta is a favorite in our house though and the Chicken Dumpling Soup is a recipe from pre-THM that I'm going to try to bring over to the lighter side. I'll let you know how it goes!

Otherwise... it feels good to be back into a schedule. I love time off, but I was ready for this week. We're all excited about the belt testing and everyone in the house is excited about what our two newest house guest mean...



Look carefully.... THE ELVES ARE BACK IN TOWN!! That means... Christmas is coming to town too! I had one very excited five year old at 11:30 on Thanksgiving night when she peeked at the tree after a late night potty stop. As I tucked her back into bed she says, "Mommy, the elves are making me shake." I told her that she was shaking from excitement. She says, "oh yeah, I'm excited! Now I need to go to sleep because they need to tell Santa I'm a good girl." One tree is up, the stockings are hung and the elves have arrive... Our house is buzzing with Christmas excitement with more yet to come!

Comments

Popular Posts