Happy November!!

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. How could is possibly be November already. The scary part about that is that time seems to go even faster these last two months of the year. There's something going on almost every weekend. It is fun though! I love to see the holidays through my kids' eyes.

Speaking of, my girls labeled this year as "The Best Halloween Ever!" Maybe that was because it was on a Saturday. We managed to fit in a ton of fun, even though the weather was less than cooperative of our activities. We got a little wet, but it did stop long enough to trick or treat. Everyone loved the girls' costumes and they loved the attention. The oldest even won a costume contest for her age bracket at one of the events we went to! Anyway, I had a blast as well, but it would have been much more fun if I hadn't been sick. And oh my was I sick! This head cold may be the death of me... or at least my best laid eating plans. I'm horrible when I'm sick, but I'll get to that later! Here's the official Halloween pics of my two critters. Here are Maleficent and The Queen of Hearts!


Sunday was spent trying to sleep/rest off this horrible bug. I've also been feeding it Halloween candy. I know, I know... BAD BAD!!! I'm not 100% today, actually I'm probably closed to 80% but it's doable. Plus I'm 100% back on track food-wise. Halloween is behind us, I got my candy fix and I'm ready to move on to losing some weight this holiday season. Anybody with me??? Here's my motto this month!


We have something planned most weekends through December, but nothing that can't be made plan friendly. This weekend is our annual Halloween party and all six of us will be dressed up for that. The two weekends I don't have my girls are pretty much unplanned at this point, but throw in our Annual "Girls" Getaway (we include Jack Jack right now since he's still too little to go hunting with the big boys, but it originated as girls weekend) with Nana and all four kids, Thanksgiving... November will be busy, but not insane. I like that idea!!

Starting this week, I'm back on track. Kicking into overdrive on photo editing to wrap up my fall sessions. Also stepping up karate in hopes of being ready for the belt test the first weekend in December and finally just staying on track with food since we don't have a lot of crazy planned like we did in September and October!

Here's the plan for the week:

Monday - Karate & Scrambled Eggs w/Bacon
Tuesday - Karate & Shrimp (undecided what recipe we want to use, I'm letting The Hubby decide)
Wednesday - Karate & Egg Sandwich (solo evening)
Thursday - Karate & Chicken w/quinoa
Friday - Cheese Stuffed Meatballs w/Dreamfields Pasta (and probably Karate if The Hubby is up to it)

Three of us in the family test for our next belt five weeks from yesterday. There is an excited buzz for sure. Emmy Lou is nervous, but I know she'll do great. The Hubby and I are finally catching on to the final piece to our test and hopefully can pull it from the cobwebs of our short-term memory on the big day. Meanwhile... practice, practice, practice! Bring on November... we are ready for a month of training, fun and family!

Comments

Popular Posts