I Want a Do Over!!

Really... I want to rewind and take another run at the weekend. I know I can do it better than I did. We've all seen it, but here ya go...


It's Monday. *sigh* Sorry, I'm in a mood. I've been reminiscing, kicking myself and, well, wanting to give up my adult card for at least a couple of weeks. This morning I woke up thinking, I want to escape to a spa for at least a week, if not two, to decompress and then try a new run at this whole life thing. Then reality slaps me in the face and says, "Go to work!" It was a nice thought.

This is a busy week, I feel pretty crummy, colds are recycling their way through our house and did I mention I'm just not really with it yet this week? It's crazy how exhausting kicking your own butt can be... and I don't mean physically or even in an exercise manner. This too shall pass, right? It always does. Unfortunately, I've always sucked at that whole forgive and forget thing... especially when it pertains to myself. No, this isn't about over doing it on foods. I'm just disappointed in myself overall and am soul searching for what I need to do to pick up, dust off and improve so I don't feel so crummy moving forward. Self inflection is a scary thing to do, but a necessary evil.

For now, I'm focusing on my food, my kids and my calendar. The Hubby and I are running kids all over this week and then we get to put our hands together on Friday and yell "1-2-3 BREAK!" as we head off in different directions for complete different weekends of fun. Hunting season and it's alter ego, Hunting Widow's Weekend are upon us! That means time with the kids and even better... time with my mom! We've both gotten so busy with our own lives the last couple of years that we don't talk nearly as much as we used to. I love these little getaways.

We have lots of karate this week for everyone, school conferences, two Girl Scout meeting... and that's all just the first four days! So, I know I'll snap out of it. I'm too busy not to. As much as I would like to hand over my adult card some days, all it takes is a big hug from my youngest as she looks at me with bright, excited eyes and says, "I can't wait for you to pick me up after work!" Yeah, being an adult sometimes sucks and you can't hide behind innocence anymore... But I wouldn't give up her hugs for anything! We all have bad days right?? Here's something to look forward to... Tomorrow is no longer Monday! See?!? I'm already grinning.

Comments

Popular Posts