Three Days Till Turkey Day and I'm Making Potatoes!!

I can't believe that we are just days away from Thanksgiving! It doesn't really seem possible. I told The Hubby last night that it feels like it was just Halloween last week. Now we officially have one day together without kids to get all of our Christmas shopping finalized. Time sometimes feels like it's just going far too fast!

This weekend was a blast! The kids were great and had a fantastic time. My mom and I did too. It's always fun to get away and we all love playing at the water park, so it was a perfect weekend. Well... almost! It would have been perfect if The Hubby and my dad had both shot deer this weekend too, since I am absolutely jonesin' for a venison steak! It has been four years since I've had venison and we NEED some. As a kid it was the main meat used in our household. I will be honest and say that having The Hubby tag a deer would be beyond fantastic for our household too. It's health benefits are awesome since it is a very lean red meat with lots of protein. It's cheaper than buying beef at the grocery store too. They both got skunked last year and this year is looking a little sad so far as well. Hopefully the rest of the week will turn over better results!

Anyway... it really was a good weekend. The hotel was a hit. It was fun to snap a pic in the same spot as last year's group shot and do a comparison. I can't believe how much the kids have all grown in just one year.


We downgraded to two kiddos on the way home Saturday evening, so by Sunday after some Christmas craft supply shopping we were down to just my girls and I. We turned on The Polar Express and got busy making Christmas gifts. They had so much fun and it was fun to see their creative personalities come alive. They are both so very different! I wish I could show you all the finished products, but they'll have to wait until after Christmas so I don't ruin any surprises. Here's a shot of them hard at work.


We were all definitely getting in the spirit all day with Christmas music and Christmas movies. I think they would have put up the tree if I could have gotten to it! I promised them that we would get started on that later this week. For now, we are all back to the real world - work and school. Well, The Hubby was still off today, but returns tomorrow. Tonight we all have karate, tomorrow I have a ladies' night out with my oldest, best friend (so very needed, we just don't see each other enough), and Wednesday is more karate for everyone with the girls kicking of Thanksgiving break that day.

I've already got my parts for my donation to Thanksgiving dinner. My sister-in-law and mom asked me to bring the relish tray and mashed potatoes. I used this recipe last year for mashed potatoes to bring to the fire station and they were phenomenal!! It's safe to say that we will be having an "off plan" Thanksgiving, but that's just fine! While I may be struggling the last couple of months to get 100% back on track, I am still making better decisions than I was six months ago... this is one of those decisions! It's one meal and then it's over. I promise you all that I will not be taking any of the potatoes home as leftovers though!

Comments

Popular Posts