Day 64 of 84 - A Pound is a Pound... Unless it's NOT!

After many years of struggling with my weight and watching the scale go up and down, one thing I'm sure of is that a pound is not always a pound. Okay, it is. Scientifically a pound of butter weighs the same as a pound of sugar, but with weight loss that pound can be so many different things. If you gain it overnight, chances are it is NOT a true pound gained right? Here's my story...

Last week was rough. I'll be honest. There was just too much thrown at me at once and my menu planning went by the wayside and my good attitude toward food and good choices were pushed aside. I ate my emotions. I wasn't horrible, but I may have enjoyed a mid-week cocktail that I usually don't. We ate out mid-week and I didn't choose the healthy option. I succumbed to living three blocks away from Dairy Queen and had a few other indiscretions. No, this didn't all happen in one day, but my decisions were poor pertaining to food and I didn't exercise at all. The end result... As of yesterday morning I was up 7 pounds. HOLY CATS right?? All that hard work straight down the drain. I didn't panic and I didn't take it as a free ticket to just keep doing what I had been doing. I got back on track yesterday, drank my water, pre-planned my lunch and had the kids all help me plan our weekly dinner menu. This morning I was rewarded with losing 4 of those 7 pounds in 24 hours. I'm positive I'll see the rest fall off as the week goes on and I'll be back where I was pre-bad-week. But it really does show us that the scale isn't always telling us the truth. And to answer anyone's question about clothes... yes, they were tight yesterday and I was beyond bloated. Today, I'm back into my smaller pants and they fit great.



Lesson learned!! It's okay to take a break, but negative choices often result in negative results. A break is also needed sometimes to step back and just take care of some things so you can focus again. That's pretty much what I did and it paid off. Hopefully it keeps paying off!! As for my scale... it's still in one piece (it's a glass one), but I think we will part ways until the end of the week. Oh, and only 20 days left of the challenge!!! Crazy!

Comments

Popular Posts