Day 46 of 84 - 7 Week Weigh In...

And I'm down another pound! WOOHOO!! 11.4 total at the 7 week mark. Slow and steady I guess.

Plexus Slim update is that I can definitely feel a difference while on it. I have more energy (which says a lot for someone who is getting very little sleep at night *sigh*), I'm not hungry and I have zero cravings. I'm eating because I know my body needs it, not because I am hungry or bored or whatever odd reason I may grab food. The only problem with that is that nothing looks good! I even enjoyed a little tapas dinner with a martini last night with my best friend, but it was a healthy choice, tasted good and didn't kill my calorie bank.

The weekend is upon us once again. I hope many of you are experiencing the warm up and glimpse at spring that we are here in Northern Wisconsin. It's a nice change from 18 degrees below zero. It also gives me hopes for running outside (I won't run with ice on the ground... I don't trust myself). I have a spare kid tonight, my oldest's first sleep over in our new house. She's so excited. That means some sleepover treats, but we got things that I don't like! Nice workaround huh?

So, we are seven weeks in. I have no interest in giving up. Nothing has tempted me enough to make me say I don't want to do this. Having the hubby with me through it all has helped a TON. He's turned into a swimming MACHINE! He swam 5,000 yards a couple days ago. I'm still struggling to do 500 yards without tiny breaks. I'm so proud of him though! He works in a fire station and the crew eats together. He has been watching his calories to make room for meals he can't control and has been cooking a lot to have some control. He's gotten good at tweaking favorite recipes to make them a touch healthier without losing the yummy goodness of them. And he's well known for his meals across the department after just one year on the job! It is amazing how important support is and how much it can it can effect your success or failure.

Quick injury update... I've put exercise on hold due to my collarbone/shoulder issues. I will try to swim this weekend and will go to my lesson on Wednesday if this weekend doesn't hurt too bad, but sitting, walking, sleeping all hurt, so I'm afraid of doing further damage by pushing it. I'll know more a week from Monday hopefully. If the doc puts me on restriction I will listen. I'm prepping for bad news because I've been down this road before and the pain is very similar to when I tore my rotator cuff. But that doesn't mean that if he says my best option is surgery and/or PT,  permanently sidelining me for swimming, running, and well most activity that I won't struggle. There are so many things I want to do this summer. Then again, this pain sucks and I want to be able to do those things without pain. So... I'll focus on eating for now. The rest will land where it will land. I'm a horrible control freak, so not having any control over this is hard, but I can control what I eat!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the spring-like weather. Hopefully it sticks around. And don't forget to turn your clocks ahead... longer days, more sunshine... BRING IT ON!!!


Comments

Popular Posts