Day 49 of 84 - The Heat is... OFF!!!

FINALLY!!! Well, it is in the car and in my office anyway. The space heater anyway. A warm up has enveloped The Northland and I'm loving it. The snow is melting at record pace and hopefully that means some of the running/biking trails will open up. I can't wait to get back on my bike - the only thing I have left that won't cause pain at this point in time! LOL In reality, people from the area know this is a cruel joke and we will be getting another dousing of snow in the near future, but I refuse to worry about the future right now. Let the sun shine down and let the snow melt away. Let's pretend it's spring for a day!!!

It's crazy how much the weather can effect your mood this time of the year. Which leads me to... if you haven't ever had your Vitamin D levels checked, please do it! My doc has me on a supplement through the winter. I have friends in much sunnier climates who are on much higher doses because their levels are too low. We just don't get out in the sunshine like our body needs us to... especially between September and May! So, if you feel a case of cabin fever or have envisioned 101 ways to escape from the screaming kids who have cabin fever... think about getting it checked. It's crazy how much better I feel while taking my supplements than when I'm not. If you don't know the effects of Vitamin D deficiency, check it out. It's pretty crazy what the sun helps our bodies with when we get a decent amount. It also explains why everyone is happier in the summer than in the dead of winter!

Anyway... that's my PSA for today. Hope you enjoyed it!

As for me... I'm coming up on the end of my first week of Plexus Slim. Today is my first really hungry day and I think that may just be me. I'm anxious to get out of here and a bit hyper, so I'm not getting the water I need and haven't been focused on actually eating my meals and snacks. Oops! Oh well... I know tomorrow will be better and I haven't been horrible today. I caved on an office treat I usually would have passed up, but nothing hurt by it. I definitely have MUCH more energy. With daylight savings time a lot of people are complaining about exhaustion. I felt it yesterday, especially after our swim and dip in the hot tub, but today I feel like I'm bouncing back. So... I have to give it two thumbs up. We'll see what the scale says on Friday!

I know I've been lax on posting my weekly menu and some people like the ideas that they create, so here ya go. This week is a bit busy with the three of the kids on spring break, one with a spring concert, swim lessons for three of us and the beautiful weather calling us outdoors, so these are simple meals.

Monday - I'm solo, so I'm aiming for an omelet
Tuesday - Pesto Chicken (plain chicken for the kiddos)
Wednesday - Sliders & Cauliflower Tots
Thursday - Subway
Friday - Garlic Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Rice

See how not one day is falling back on spaghetti, pancakes or pizza this week. WOOHOO!!! I love that we have a wider array of foods and that the kids will also go for it as well. They are all learning to eat new things and taking it pretty well, considering!

Only a bit longer until I get to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. I firmly believe the dogs are calling to me from their kennels saying they need to go for a walk tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts